Iron Maiden Guitar Pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Maiden Guitar Pictures?

Hey Ian, do you still have this Adrian GMW replica? I still have this on my hard drive that you sent me quite awhile ago. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I asked you before, but what pickups are in that GMW replica? Looks like an EMG-81 bridge, EMG-SA middle, and EMG-89 neck. That's almost my dream EMG combination, except I'd want an EMG-85 in the bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I see no Adrian Smith influence in that Fender Maiden guitar. The JB is pure Janick Gers, and the Hot Rails are the Dave Murray influence. Okay, maybe the Floyd, since Adrian and Dave use 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got my Maiden DVDs in the mail today. I watched a tiny bit of each on my lunch break. "Maiden England" has Adrian's white Strat like Neilli's guitar above. Just as I thought and hoped for. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But I was disappointed that the "Live After Death" DVD didn't have the Hammersmith performance on it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Toejam: yep still got it - that one isn't going anywhere, especially as Lee won't do any more strat heads!
        NOTP: it is your dream EMG combo, with an 85 in the bridge (81s just don't do it for me!) It's made of alder (i think, can't remember!) and is finished in Eurethane. The main differences between my replica and the original are:
        Scalloped heel
        True strat output (not for a 90 degree jack)
        Front loaded floyd nut
        Sperzels
        but that's it that I know of!
        Adrian's only other guitar on the Maiden England VHS is the blue Lado Earth, which is pretty cool, but not really for me.
        Cheers
        Ian
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Sweet! I've really been thinking of getting a white Strat with black pickguard and H/S/H setup now. I used to have a Yamaha setup like that but it was black with black guard and I sold it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just watched my new "Maiden England" DVD that I got in the mail today, and the whole performance was Adrian's white Jackson Strat, except for one song with a REALLY fancy Lado Earth with sharkfins and pointyesque headstock. Incredible performance. I would make some vidcaps if only my computer let me install PowerDVD like my brother's computer. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Oh well!

I just watched my new "Live After Death" DVD too and that was also fantastic. No Jacksons, although I was half-expecting Adrian's black Charvel Strat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ian... sell me that guitar now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nahhh, just joking around. I'm not sure I'm comfy with Strat/Soloist shapes anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

it would be really great to see them play jacksons again
              they would be the big endorsers we had on our wishlist in the other thread ("jackson needs you")
              i really love that white one, it´s also in the cover of the "real live one"
              more people have to see all these pics \m/
              it´s incredible, maiden are still cool after all these years
              andy

Comment

Time to resurrect this thread with another great picture that I found.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder where was that? Eastern Europe, probably, as I see Ukrainian and Polish flags, plus some signs in Russian and Bulgarian. BUt there's a Finish flag, too...
                  Yeah, somewhere in time

Comment

Slovakia

Comment

Yes, definitely Slovakia, thanks to Jerry From Ghana for originally posting that picture months ago. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It really looks like age hasn't been Adrian's friend in that particular photo... thinning hair and saggy face, but the dude is still a machine on guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Maiden England is the best Iron Maiden footage out there!!!
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

that's why he's now wearing a headband again on tour

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess there's no need for comb-overs when you can just wear a headband. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maiden England had an incredible setlist full of songs most of which I haven't heard live before. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It was such a nice surprise when I got that DVD, being a relatively new Maiden fan (less than 3 years maybe?).

Comment

Lucky Slovakians are! I wish the Maiden came to my country

Comment

what country you are

Comment

Working...
                                X