SL2HT owners you miss the floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2HT owners you miss the floyd?

Just curious if any of you owners of these have been a floyd user and are missing it. I had a string thru after years of floyds and I sold them cause my hand kept grabbing at air. It was too much of a change ,the string tension seemed to be stiffer too. I'm thinking of trying again ,so how do you guys like them?

Re: SL2HT owners you miss the floyd?

I do not own a SL2HT , but I own 2 750XLs.One is a string thru the other is trem.I like having both options and they both see about the same amount of playing time.I agree it does take a bit to stop grabbing for the bar.There is a slight tension difference , but I just change string gauge to equal them out.I say go for it.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I've got the SL2HT. Never had a Floyd, but a Fender Trem. Well, I don't miss it, since you can always play a Deep Purple song, then tune down a bit and play a Black Sabbath song. But yeah. If I could get like a transposing trem, it would be awesome. I don't like the nut, though. I wish it was a frictionless one. Otherwise - very nice guitar. Got it from Vwall

Comment

Friend of mine who is a devoted Soloist player
        just got a hard tail after years of playing Floyds.
        He couldn't make the adjustment and traded it
        for another Floyd Soloist.
        He said the hardtail was nice but to him it just felt stiff and positioned his hand wrong.

Comment

I've been playing my SLATQ (only guitar) for several months. Started jonesin' for a Floyd, so I picked up an SL2. It's the first Floyd I've had in a while. The tension is definitely a change! All my string bends on the Floyd are going sharp...It takes some getting used to thats for sure. I thought about tuning 1/2 step down on the SLATQ to even it out some.
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Friend of mine who is a devoted Soloist player
            just got a hard tail after years of playing Floyds.
            He couldn't make the adjustment and traded it
            for another Floyd Soloist.
            He said the hardtail was nice but to him it just felt stiff and positioned his hand wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly ,I wanted a hardtail for a long while but when I finally got one it was a strange animal. Reason I wanted one is I don't use the floyd anymore so I can't see putting up with the pain in the ass string changing but it felt foreign. Maybe I need to play one again exclusively and not play the floyds and see if I can break the habit.

Comment

It took me a while to adjust when I got my Soloist 7, but now I can use either a Floyd or a Tuna. Although there's still some moments of weirdness right after switching...
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I can't wait until I get my Jackson JDR-94 with a Floyd on it, so I can go "Wankers"!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Just block the floyd and all your problems will be solved! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wat's life withoout floyd!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

I first started out on Floyded guitars in the '80s. In the early '90s I got my Dinky HX that's string-thru/TOM... never had any problem adjusting. Now all of my guitars have fixed bridges (hardtail, TOM/stoptail, string-thru/TOM). I still do have the urge for a guitar with a Floyd now, so hopefully my Dinky body project will be done soon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't personally have an SL2HT, but...

I'm a die hard Floyd fan. I'm a stickler for the rock solid tuning stability, as well as the whammy flexibility. That said, I bought a KE2T several months ago and love the TOM string-through set-up. A lot more than I had expected. The tuning stability is good - not really anything to complain about - but NOTHING will ever be as good as a Floyd. (I might try swapping in locking tuners to see if there's an improvement. Based on my other locking tuner-equipped axes, I suspect there will be a marginal gain. Probably worth it, but maybe not.)

As long as I have mostly Floyd guitars in my stable to turn to, I'll enjoy having one or two string-throughs. I've even found a vintage trem w/locking tuners-style guitar I'm enjoying now. (Better tuning stability than the string-through, even with the wammy! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] )

Variety is good. I dig it. But if I had a smaller stable of guitars, I'd probably make different choices based on my preferences for Floyds.

Comment

Working...
                      X