Pawn shop? Guitar shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn shop? Guitar shop?

Where does everyone find all these killer deals I keep seeing threads about?

Re: Pawn shop? Guitar shop?

gratuitous fortune. or luck, as some may refer it as.

Comment

Some are shops, some others are pawn shops.
      Right morment at rifght place,killer deal happens to pop up.
      It seems like older Jackson guitar seem to have lower price at some stores and I can imagie the store sellers/owners don't know what they are selling.

Comment

yeah, especially if the guitars are rough looking, i guess. you know how people get, "oh jackson, some stupid metal guitar crap!". and it ends up being like a refinned PCS rhoads or something, haha.

Comment

pjg, I wonder the same thing. I stop in pawn shops all the time and never find anything remotely interesting. I think it helps if you live in a densely populated area (unlike me).

Comment

Where in Wisconsin are you from Quiksilver? My wife is from the outskirts of Madison. I love Wisconsin. Beer and Cheese are my two favorite food groups.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              pjg, I wonder the same thing. I stop in pawn shops all the time and never find anything remotely interesting. I think it helps if you live in a densely populated area (unlike me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all the time - a guy I was in a band with found a Pedulla Pentabuzz in a small-town shop for $150.
              Check Ebay and see what they go for [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've had a lot of luck at YARD SALES. Though i'm yet to find any jacksons i have found alot of nice guitars, priced very very low... though i don't own all of them because half the time when i saw these things i never had any money...

but they're there! flea markets too, pawn shops, guitar shops, all have a chance

heres a good story though for a kid who lives here (i don't know him much, i just heard his story and saw him play the guitar)
                he goes into this bar & grill here, in nova scotia, canada, and hes with his parents... the bar tender is cleaning up after the band that played there last night, and discovers a guitar got left behind. The kid asks the bartender if he'll sell him the guitar... the bartender said he would if the band doesn't claim it in a month... so the kid goes back a month later and asks about it and the guy says its still there he'll let it go for about 100$ canadian (thats like 75$ american or so) so he buys the guitar takes it home, and then uses it.... now what the kid knew the whole time and the bartender didn't know is that the guitar was a les paul custom that had been refinned with a kind of disgusting green and the paint was flaking off etc... so the kid got it pro refinned black and now has a smokin guitar... and thats a REAL story! i went to high school with this guy, he took a pic of him getting the **** green thing from the bartender for shits and giggles...

i find it kind of ridiculous to hope for stuff like that, but it teaches that rewards are given with perseverance

Comment

<font color="yellow">How the FUKK do you "forget" or "lose" a Les Paul Custom??

The guitar owner had to be either an idiot or he only had 2 brain cells left playing freeze-tag [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I mean, lets see....duh, I think I brought it to the gig....duh, yup, I did....and now it isn't here...nope nope nope....duh.....wonder if maybe it is still at the bar.....duh.....maybe??

Kudos to the kid who bought it for $75...deal of the fukking century [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Yeah but it's Canada, so if $100 Canadian is $75 US, does that mean a Les Paul Custom in Canada is really an Epiphoney Special in the US? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I live in Reno I go to every Pawnshop in town weekly, and have gotten many Jacksons &amp; Charvels in the past four years, you have to be serious and go on your rounds every week, I buy all the cool ones I find, but i'll bet I've missed a few too, I think a lot of people may lose their ass gambling and pawn them, another thing I like is that you can put them on lay-away, and pay them off in 90 days, because I usually dont have all the cash at once, gotta love the pawnshops.
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

There can be some killer deals to be had right here in the forum. For some reason members here cut people some really good deals. I've seen alot of DK-1's up for around $500, thats a good deal.

Comment

I find most of my deals at guitar shows. I always go as a dealer and get to look at and deal on stuff sometimes a whole day before the public does. Sometimes a cool piece surfaces during the show, but I am there all day and have a chance at it.

Comment

seriously LPC, i have no clue how this happened, but the bar owner out here has confirmed this to me.. i guess a LONG wqhile later (like a year) the guy came back and asked him about it and the bar owner said he had no clue.. LMAO

Lucky guy i say... its not a ncie guitar but its the principle of it (its a REAL beater)

Comment

I've never made a single good "find" in any pawn shops locally (Seattle area). Most of them have no name $50 strat copies.

When I was in Duluth Minnesota last week they had a nice but beat up Les Paul at a pawn shop (they said it was a Custom, but I wasn't 100% sure so I checked online that night when I got home) for $450. I figured I could talk them down to $400 or $425 no tax but when I got there at about 1 pm the next day someone had come in earlier in the morning and bought the guitar... Timing is everything I guess.

I've found a couple used guitars at good prices at GC / guitar shops but nothing that would be considered a great find.

Comment

Working...
                              X