SL2HT/Mah LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2HT/Mah LTD

Well after a preliminary yes, The LTD run of SL2HT/Mah has been shot down by the good folks who run the Custom Shop. Sorry for the Premature excitment a few posts back!

Re: SL2HT/Mah LTD

That sux. I can't afford one, wouldn't really buy one cause I'm a Floyd user, but sounded like a cool idea. Ah well...

Comment

Seems to me that Jackson is tightening up on the dealer limiteded runs. Hmmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] What was it that made it a no go?

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Wouldn't that pretty much be an SLATQH without the archtop? ...Why not just buy one of those?

Comment

We were going for an all mahogany body and neck no maple cap. There was two be 2 options,the one with the most interest would have been done.Version 1-All mahogany body and neck,Trans black finish,black hardware and black binding.Version 2-All mahogany body and neck,chrome hardware,transparent violin brown finish over the mahogany. As far as ordering a SLATQ, we were going for the tone of all mahogany. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I can`t beleive Jackson just said NO? First they raise the prices a bunch and now this, this is a little dishearting. I might have been in on the Violin Brown one, as my next guitar will most likely be a Violin Brown SL2H Mahogany. I want to know why they said NO also. Jack.

Comment

If all mahogany body, it should look better to go with natural or sunburst color.

Comment

I`d be all over a Natural mahogany soloist Limited. Jack.

Comment

Maybe instead of SL2H, it would be cool to have SLATQ all mahogany with natural finish and oiled neck back.
                  22frets with Ebony fingerboards and Abalone logo&inlays..
                  It would be killer.

Comment

You know, thats a great idea. How about a limited run SLATQH dealers! I'm all into the mohogany thing. I think that jackson wouldn't go for the abalone, but how about a matching mohagany headstock with black binding and logo? I wonder if it's evena possibility since the SLATQH's are a limited production guitar themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

Matching headstock would be KILLER!
                      Not sure about the Black bindings and logo.
                      Mahogany color with natural will already look dark, so it would be better to have lighter color logos and binding.
                      Maybe it would be cool to leave it with Cream color bidnings?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Matching headstock would be KILLER!
                        Not sure about the Black bindings and logo.
                        Mahogany color with natural will already look dark, so it would be better to have lighter color logos and binding.
                        Maybe it would be cool to leave it with Cream color bidnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think black binding and logo would look fantastic on the MAH, especially with no inlay on the board. Look at the headstock:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...rhoadscst.jpg#

Also, didn't somebody here get a CS Kelly that was natural MAH with black binding? The guy that had his custom inlay stolen for a NAMM Charvel...

Comment

Oh my God, if that natural mahogany RR1 was a Soloist, I am ALL in!! Jack.

Comment

Mahogany guitar looks cool.
                            So why not happening?

Comment

lets see if a dealer picks this up. I have a feeling it might have to do with being all mahogany. I have no clue why, but we else would they cancel this one?

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X