• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally tried the KV2T - My impressions here

Thats a nice one! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a couple myself and one on order. There fantastic. In some ways I like them more than my KV1's. Your right about the rarity of 25.5" scale ones. Both of mine are the 25.5" scale, anything else seems to tight to me. If you guys find a 25.5" sitting somewhere and its not your scale length please let me know as I am always on the lookout. I've found the 25.5" they made were in Natural, Black, and Ivory. Haven't seen anything else. Again if you get a chance, play one, you'll love it. JMHO
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Jason at DCGL has a few KV2T's with 25.5" scale length.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hey thanks for the info. I will check them out!
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Actually, I am not a V guy, but i would love an SLS, but damn if I ain`t out of dough!! Yes, I do love mahogany, at least the body, it does give a guitar "The Tone". Jack.

Comment

I scored a new USA KV2T a couple of months ago from Wild West Guitars. I'm totally satisfied (with dealer and product). Jackson does a great 3 + 3 headstock configuration, and it really suits the geometry of the body. The Sperzel tuners are alway a plus. String a guitar with standard tuners and then immediately string one with Sperzels (or vice versa). Case closed.

Speaking of cases, the USA KV2T comes with a case roughly the size of a small school bus. Seriously, its surface area is perhaps three times that of the surface area of the guitar itself. It will not fit in the trunk of the averfage sedan unless the back seat folds down and the front passanger sits with his or her nose within 4 inches of the windshield, or the driver sits between the dashboard and the steering wheel, or—if the car is one of those older models that does not have individually adjustable bucket seats—both.

I am surprised that no one here has yet mentioned the fretboard on the USA KV2T. May the gods bless Jackson for its commitment to Ebony. You can fork over ten grand to PRS and they still stick you with Rosewood. The Ebony board on my KV2T, at any rate, trumps any Rosewood board I've ever played in temrs of playability, aesthetics, and tone. It's the Ebony that keeps this guitar's darkness from becoming murky and obscure. And it is so smooth....

One more point—and I don't know whether to credit Jackson or WWG for this: My USA KV2T came with Dunlop Straplocks RECESSED on both ends. It's a brilliant idea and, I suspect, a difficult installation that someone at Jackson or at WWG took the time to execute flawlessly. Never seen anything like it!

Comment

Does the KV2T have edged bevels like the KV2? I've never seen a KV2T in person but from the pics I've seen the bevels don't look as pronounced.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I scored a new USA KV2T a couple of months ago from Wild West Guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Is that the natural one on their website showing as sold?

If so, GREAT LOOKING ONE!
                  [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    I scored a new USA KV2T a couple of months ago from Wild West Guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Is that the natural one on their website showing as sold?

If so, GREAT LOOKING ONE!
                    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the one. I saw a picture of one like it in a short magazine review a couple of years ago, desperately wanted one, but then didn't see another until recently, whilst browsing the WWG site. Naturally, I nailed it immediately!

Comment

Those straplocks on the KV2T are stock from the factory. They are dunlop flushmount locks...the same ones used on the KV1....they are an awesome idea!
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                      X