Swee-Tone question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swee-Tone question.

I'm really starting to like these. I realize that it's a semi hollow guitar, but how do you access the control cavity and the switch cavity? I don't see any covers? NO F holes? Take a look.

Swee Tone

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Swee-Tone question.

Input jack, maybe?

Comment

Maybe from the pickup routing?

Comment

mmm... I cant say... maybe you cant change anything... but as dinkyjacksonman said... maybe from the pickup routing, but youd have to tear apart the wiring and if it doesnt work... well u are screwed...

Comment

If it's just the pick up routing, thats pretty extreme. i'd never get my meat hooks in there. Hmmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

If Jackson was able to install these electronics, then any certified technicians should be able to do the job for you.
            What I think good is if less wood cut,better.
            It would effect the tone too.
            I bet it would sound sweet.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

True. I really like it. 900 seems sheap no? we'll see near the end.

Comment

Maybe jackson screwed the pickups to their holes, then since they had load of leads they carefully soldered the pickups to the body and then they glued the two parts of the body (like when you build an acoustic) . And then they hid everything with a nice top, or maybe everything was assembled and then they put the neck in that fence. So basically you cant change the pickup and if the wiring suck... then the guitar is ... screwed... maybe I dont know....

Comment

$900 IS cheap and if I had money we'd be fighting over it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think Black Mariah said once that they have a special tool to install the pots and such with - kinda like a customized coat hanger they stick in through the hum cavities.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd love to duke it out with ya for it, but I just don't have the cash right now. Man, I hope it gets bid up some. It would suck to see a good deal lost.

The fact that there are no covers is slick. I's sure it would be a pain in the ass if you wanted to mod it, but then again, thats the price you pay.

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X