Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Shannon Soloist

[ QUOTE ]
    Congrats on the Shannon. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I have never played one, but I hear that they are killer guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    pics are coming up [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Guitars:
    Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
    Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
    Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
    BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
    ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Comment

The differences between the Shannon Soloist and the current SL1 Soloist are that the Shannon:

-Has the Pearly Gates bridge pickup
      -Has the SSL-5 Custom Staggered neck and middle pickups
      -Chrome hardware on solid finishes (black, slime green, white, sherbet orange) and Blue Ghost Flames, all of which typically come with black hardware
      -Non-recessed trem, 4 degree neck angle to compensate
      -Old style heel
      -Binding over frets
      -Silkscreen Jackson headstock logo rather than inlaid mother-of-pearl
      -Mike Shannon's signature on the back of the headstock, eliminating the allen key holder
      -Poplar body wings (instead of alder)

That's all I can remember and those cover at least the major differences.

Welcome to the club! My black one is my main guitar as well, except mine came with a few modifications from the previous owner including Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, DiMarzio Super 3, and a 5-way megaswitch to coil-split the neck and bridge pickups. They're superb guitars. They're also semi-rare, if that means anything to you, so you might want to consider holding on to yours. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-56 Blue Ghost Flames
      -Around 50 or 52 black
      -6 slime green
      -Two white
      -Supposedly one elusive sherbet orange
      -One one-hum Blue Ghost Flames prototype (formerly owned by Moshwitz, now owned by Brett8388)
      -Possibly others floating around

Yeah, see Brett's website (http://www.gilaguitars.com) for the widest collections of Shannons the JCF probably has ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Here's mine:

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 01-07-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

CRAAAAAPPPP, I forgot one other obvious difference. The body wings are made of poplar rather than alder. Nearly similar tone, anyways. Nice and bright and acoustically loud.

Toru, you need to get yourself another one, man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I know!
            I just have couple of other guitars as important priority to pay off right now.
            I hope to score one in several months.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I had a BGF Shannon. I hope to buy a Black one next time around and swap these original pickups like yours.
            Hotrails would be great!
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Hot Rails kick ass, but eventually I'm swapping out all the pickups for APCs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn you Dreamland_Rebel, daaaaaammmnnnn yyyoooouuuu! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The DiMarzio Super 3 isn't satisfying me enough, so I'm getting Persuader Lead, the passive equivalent of an EMG-85, I am told. PERFECT. And for the single coil slots, perhaps a Persuader SC (single coil) for the neck and a 200 for the middle. I really need to get around to ordering them but I'm waiting on MichaelMadeja's review since he lives closeby to Mel from APC and can give us some more impressions.

Comment

APC again....
                [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I KNOW!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's the power of testimonials on the JCF. For whatever reason, I always have to try what everybody else tries on the JCF just to see what all the fuss is about, and then I write a review and post it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the Shannon!!! I have one too. Mine is completely stock and I LOVE it. I don't play it very much just cause it seems to make it that much more special to me... I know I'm nuts... Anyway I actually may end up selling it if I can't get the rest of the cash for my SL1 I ordered from Scott... I love the Shannon but I gotta have a Snow White SL1!!! Must get guitar... must get...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Here's mine:

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that's a nice Shannon!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's mine... I love threads about Shannons, it always gives me an excuse to show her off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is the one I had for about a month or two:

Comment

Wll since it turned into a picture fest. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Here's mine.

EJ

Comment

Looking at that Blue Ghost Flames one makes me literally attempt to kick myself in the nads for not bidding on that recent one on Ebay and the winning big was a mere $800. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] So so so STUPID. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I must have missed that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] One is enough for me. I'm into v's. Still looking for a 22 fret Kelly though.
                                EJ

Comment

Working...
                                X