Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions, please help...

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

...so this friend of mine is gonna sell me his KV-2 for a very fair price. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But to perfectly honest, Im not sure I will like the pile of skulls artwork--I would have preferred trans black or something. Also, I really dont need another six string jackson (although it wouldnt kill me to own one), what should I do?

My first thought would be to keep it for a couple of months and see how I like it, in the mean time saving up as much money as possible. Then Id sell the guitar, and try to find a used or new trans black KV-2. Although this seems like a lot of work, and as I said I would prefer a seven string.

Do you think I could get any sort of neck thru custom shop jackson 7 string for like $2,000-$2,200? This is my next bet, but it seems so much more expensive than a new kv-2 that its kind of out of the question. Then again, if I could get the seven string KV it would be my [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] made totally for me, in the way that I want it (although it could take some time). What do you suggest I do!?!?!?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Need suggestions, please help...

oh the other thing is I've never actually seen a trans black king V so I dont know how it would look with the flamed maple finish...or if it would even look good? Im also thinking of a Metallic black KV-2 if the whole trans black thing doesnt work out.

Comment

I have a pic of a trans black KV2. It's on my home pc and I'm at work until late tonight but I'll try to post it either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

How fair is the price? You could always sell it if you decide you don't want it. KV's aren't very hard to get rid of.

Comment

It will look like this.

As for the Custom Shop 7strings,You should contact one of the JCF dealers to see how much it would be.
        Neck Thru 7strings w/ solid color would cost at least around $3800 list.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I would take a graphic or solid over a trans finish V any day.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Wow, that trans black king v looks AWESOME. I mean...yes...it will be mine garth, oh yes, it will be mine.

Comment

also, can anyone show me what a metallic black king V would look like? Just to make sure that I am making the right decision?

Comment

I don't know if a photo of a KV in metallic black will look any different than a solid black... Pics don't do metallic black guitars justice...

Comment

Here's one more pic. If you want the big version let me know and I'll email it to you.

Comment

Dude, that Pile O' Skulls V would be totally SWEET! I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat if the price was reasonable like You say. Doubt You'd have any trouble at all unloading it if You decided to sell. I bet that graphic on a King V would have pretty good resale.

Comment

What Jonny said. Get it and post pics here! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X