Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which style of body for graphics? How much paid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which style of body for graphics? How much paid ?

Hey, which body style do you prefer for graphics on a guitar, a soloist or a strat body? And what kind of trem?

If you guys ever paid for custom graphics, how much did you spend ?

thanks

Re: Which style of body for graphics? How much paid ?

The cost depends on the amount of work, which depends on how large and how complex the graphic is. As an example, a rising sun or striped graphic would cost alot less than a detailed painting of a person.

Comment

let the graphic dictate the body shape...for example there's not a lot of body on an rr-1 so graphics can get "lost" (but flames look great) versus a kelly (lot of wood to cover). check out the same graphic on different body styles before you decide.

Comment

I prefer a Soloist type body for most graphics.
        Some graphics don't look as nice on a RR or KV body for example.

Comment

Soloist... but I prefer soloists all together..

Comment

Strats!

Comment

soloists remind me of Jems, and I don't like the look of the body on top because it is very flat and has no curves. I think a strat body is good for graphics.

Comment

There's such a small difference between a Strat-sized and the Soloist/Dinky body that the same graphic on either one would look very similar.

However, I find that some graphics do suit certain bodies more than others. For example, the Warbird1 and similar Bolted Steel graphics look better on a Warrior than a Soloist/Dinky/Strat, but a Figured Maple top makes a Warrior look kinda weak, and is better suited for Strattish bodies.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X