Weird Jackson PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Jackson PC?

I saw this one at a local guitar show, a couple of months back. It ain't a PC2, as they suggest. But I don't know what it is. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Custom order, maybe? Some odd specs. ...Just curious.

PC What?

P.S.- Don't get all worked up over it. They want insane $ for it, IMHO. Although it is a little less than what was being asking for at the show.

Re: Weird Jackson PC?

PC-3 with a painted head and "restoration" logo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Strange, but it seems like a PC2 with just a painted headstock and rosewood board. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Or a painted-head SD RI neck on a PC body.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hmmmm, I didn't think ANY of the PC series had Rosewood boards. Looks kinda like a Performer (PS-7 I think) series guitar I used to have with that Wilkinson and all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hmmmm, I didn't think ANY of the PC series had Rosewood boards. Looks kinda like a Performer (PS-7 I think) series guitar I used to have with that Wilkinson and all.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, but the PS7s had a pickguard and only 22-fret necks.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Having seen it in person, it sure looked like a USA axe. IIRC, it was correctly plated and all.

And I think it's even a little weirder than you may be picking up on. IIRC, the back of the body and the neck are painted black, to match the headstock.

Comment

Do you know the serial number? Could at least tell us if it's a custom or not.

Comment

Nope. I saw it months ago. Sorry, my memory is not that good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Or a painted-head SD RI neck on a PC body.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Newc is right. Thats a PC3 with another neck.

Jim
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      PC-3 with a painted head and "restoration" logo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess as well
                      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nah. You guys couldn't be more wrong. It's definitely a USA.

I was "in the neighborhood" today, so dropped in to see it. The back of the body is black, as I correctly recalled. The neck is not, however. It's oiled and KILLER birdseye! Duncan pickups, Wilky, locking tuners. Not sure, but I think the latter were Schallers. Definitely not Sperzels. Ontario plate, serial #004870 (or something close to that). The latter makes it a USA production guitar, so I'm thinking this might've been an early prototype for the PC2.

Comment

Plated guitars can be easily mutted to look like one-offs and limited editions - still, there is a possibility.

Newc

Comment

Sträääänge axe.....

This is the kind of axe I´d want to take 100% apart before buying it if possible, it all seems so contradictory....

Comment

Strange one Shredd. I was just there yesterday thinking the same thing! That's where I got my PC1 for $699.00.
                              That was a good day...

Comment

Working...
                              X