Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 with tune-o-matic bridge?

Do they exist?
    As a Megadeth fan, I really want a KV2, but I'm not sure about the floyd. This will be my only electric, so I want to be able to tune down without spending the whole day dealing with it. Yes, im a lazy bastard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but also a poor student.

I know there's a KV2T, but I don't like the headstock really or the inlays really.
    So... are they available or do I have to make a custom shop order?

Re: KV2 with tune-o-matic bridge?

JS30KV Import is the only other production model.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matt Has the custom shop KV2T with the standard Jackson headstock. I know you don't like the inlays but it's close.

KV2T
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Ah crap [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks anyway guys

Comment

How about getting a used Y2KV? I believe someone has one for sale in the classifieds right now. Great guitars, I used to have one.

Comment

I scored a new fixed-bridge (JT390), USA KV2T a couple of months ago from Wild West Guitars. I'm totally satisfied (with dealer and product). I actually prefer the 3 + 3 headstock configuration—especially the way Jackson does it. It suits the geometry of the body. The Sperzel tuners are alway a plus. And best of all: an Ebony fretboard that will turn you off Rosewood forever. The Import will give you the in-line headstock, but you play the fretboard, not the headstock; and Imports come with Rosewood boards that fall far short of the USA Ebony boards in terms of playability (as well as tone and aesthetics).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              JS30KV Import is the only other production model.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't make the KVX series anymore?

Comment

JJ - Oops [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I have to disagree with the good Dr about rosewood - while rosewood isn't as dark in color or bright in tone as ebony, it has comparable playability. Jackson's imports are among the best imports you can buy in terms of playability and construction quality.
                I do agree that you play the neck, not the head, and the 3x3 harpoon head of the KV2T looks a lot better in person.
                As long as it's made by Jackson, headstock shape is a non-issue.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

True, you play the fretboard, not the headstock
                  But i just prefer the orginal headstock and regular sharkfin inlays.
                  And I don't dislike floyd rose bridges, they're cool. Just don't want it on my only electric

So I'll think i buy some other axe then, with tune-o-matic. And get the kv2 in a couple of years or so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks for the help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Do they exist?
                    As a Megadeth fan, I really want a KV2, but I'm not sure about the floyd. This will be my only electric, so I want to be able to tune down without spending the whole day dealing with it. Yes, im a lazy bastard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but also a poor student.

I know there's a KV2T, but I don't like the headstock really or the inlays really.
                    So... are they available or do I have to make a custom shop order?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't find a KV Jackson you want, why not get a DV8R?
                    D. Mustaine sig., can't get more Megadeth than that.
                    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Maybe try to find an old Pro or Signature Mustaine KV1 with the fixed Kahler bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Because those guitars are ugly as hell... and they're not made by Jackson. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, but isn't the DV8 expensive as hell?

A KV1 would be very cool, but arent they very rare? Also, it's a bit hard for me to buy used guitars on ebay (i live in scandinavia). And it's kinda risky too
                          A Y2KV would also be very sweet of course

I want to buy guitars from US, because they are SO much cheaper there. But buying used guitars over the net from a different part of the world is so risky [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Because those guitars are ugly as hell... and they're not made by Jackson. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Toe!
                            I can't wait for my KV1 that is coming soon.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe the closest thing would be a RR1T?
                              You get the sharkfins, headstock and fixed bridge, but of course it depends if you could live with a rhoads instead of a king v...
                              Still better than the ESP or kv2t imo, put i prefer the rhoads over everything so maybe my opinion doesn´t count :P

Comment

Working...
                              X