Interested in a SLATQH limited run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in a SLATQH limited run?

If we can get 8 commited buyers, Scott from Vwall will do a Limited run of 12 SLATQHs. This would be really cool and unique. Here are the guidlines....

1)Factory specs of a SLATQH with these features
    2)Finish would be a PC1 color. We all have to agree on one color. I was thinking Euphoria, Rootbeer or Solar Yellow.
    3) Oil finished neck. Jackson does not include this feature on new SLATQHs so this would be really cool.
    4)EMG 81/85 combo. (how badass would that be!)

Any one interested? Remember this as well, no custom options other than listed here (i.e. reverse headstock or inlays, no wood working modifications and all of the things we have asked Scott to do on the other runs that he said no to! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Basically, if you would like one of these as list above chime in.

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Interested in a SLATQH limited run?

I would be interested in.
    Only if I could agree with the choice of the color.
    How about Purple Burst or Choroline(I know there are already one limited SL2HT with this color)..

Still there is no chance to go all Mahogany body?
    [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      no custom options other than listed here (i.e. reverse headstock or inlays, no wood working modifications and all of the things we have asked Scott to do on the other runs that he said no to! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That Jackson says no to [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I merely relays what is allowed
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Of course colors are up to you..
      logo, headstock, etcetcetc..

Comment

So the only thing that can be different is the oiled neck,finish, pickups and hardware color.

Do I understand it right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I may be slow but I am stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

pretty much.. The small batches are not "custom Shops"
          They are mild deviations thay are not offered on Usa Select models.

I can do a small run of Custom Shops with any features wanted but the price would be custom shop pricing..
          Thats why these small batches are so cool cuz if you wanted say a transpurple SL2H with gold hardware and oiled neck, you couldnt get it on a Jackson unless you ordered a 2500-3500+ custom shop guitar.(yes-even with only the color change)UNLESS a dealer does a small batch.;-)

Thats why the small batches are unique.
          We can get Jackson Usa guitars with basically ANY color or graphic. of course the price goes way up for heavy custom graphics.. but still...
          And there are no Jackson production models being made with oiled necks either.. So those in the small batch runs are extra special..(sans DK1's)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That Jackson says no to

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true! I should have said that. Scott has fought for so many cool ideas for these limited runs.

I hope we can get enough interest in this to get it going.

Hey Toru, Is Euhoria purple enough for you? Chlorine wouldn't be my first choice, but I would still do it. All I care about is finding a color that we can all agree on.

Jim

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

1)Factory specs of a SLATQH with these features
              2)Finish would be a PC1 color. We all have to agree on one color. I was thinking Euphoria, Rootbeer or Solar Yellow.
              3) Oil finished neck. Jackson does not include this feature on new SLATQHs so this would be really cool.
              4)EMG 81/85 combo. (how badass would that be!)

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the color is cool, I am definitely in!

Just to clarify Toru's question above, it would be Mahogany neck thru body with 3/4" quilted maple top, yes?

Comment

Yep, the standard specs for a slat..
                neck through mah with maple top.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Toru, Is Euhoria purple enough for you? Chlorine wouldn't be my first choice, but I would still do it. All I care about is finding a color that we can all agree on.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, Euhoria Purple? I have never heard of the color..
                  Is that like Purple Burst?
                  Something that is not on production SLATQH would be cool with me.
                  Anyone else?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm currently in on the Chlorine SL2T, annnnd the Purple burst SL2. I would like to be a part of the SLATQ as well....However...I would only be in if it had a finished (painted) neck. Sorry dude, I'm just not into oiled MAH. Chlorine -or- Euhoria would be cool. I'm not to hip on the Solar color.

My $.02
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Toru, My PC1 that I was selling is Euphoria. It's kind of like a Redish purple with a slight burst to it. it's a real cool color. To Tell you the truth, I would do this if it was any PC1 color.

Huntindoug, I hear ya bro. Have you played other SLAT's with oiled necks? Maybe it was just yours? I've played a few that felt fine to me, but the feel of wood is very subjective.

Hopefully, this can gain ebough interest to get at least 8 serious buyers to make it happen.

Jim

Comment

Jim,
                        The first SLATQ I owned had an oiled neck. Got it from OLSG. Killer quilt!!! Here's a pic:

I ended up selling it because to me it felt like the neck was sandpaper. Seriously...it was bad. Especially around the scarf joint. There is a HUGE difference between a Maple oiled neck, and a Mahogany oiled neck. IMHO The grain in Mahogany is just too "open" to use as an oiled neck.

When I ordered the TBK SLATQ I own now, I made sure it was speced out with a painted neck. I think Jackson changed the specs because buyers complained about the feel of the oiled ones.
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Hmmm. Well I wouldn't want to ruin the order if everyone wanted a painted neck. Lets see if we get enough interested buyers adn then well see how everybody feels about it. Would you be in if it were painted?

Jim

Comment

Jim, if painted neck, I would be out.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim,
                              Tell ya what...I'll run to GC & a local shop in the next couple days. If I can find an oiled MAH neck...I'll check it out. Maybe it was just that particular guitar...Dunno. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It was a pre Fender, and it had some other quality issues too, so maybe it's just me.

Bottom line is: I'm not gonna "lobby" against an oiled neck. I think it's best to set the specs, and stick with them. While I'm out, I may swing by the bank & check on a second mortgage too...Then...off to the divorce lawers office. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                              X