Interested in a SLATQH limited run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interested in a SLATQH limited run?

You're probably right. We will keep it spec'ed out as is (oiled neck). Try and see if you can play a newer, post-fender SLAT. I'd love to get you in on this, but I understand if it just ain't your thing. By my count, I believe we are up to 3, correct? 5 more buyers and Scott can make this happen. Any one else?

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Do some some SLATQH come with binding. Seems like I have seen some with and some without ?? Great specs, I would pefer Chlorine, and the unfinished neck. If my current deal falls thru I would be in once the color is decided.

Comment

Some come with natural binding. Not sure, but I think that it dependes on the color. My trans black SLATQH does not have it, but I've seen trans green, trans blue and a couple of other colors that do. I don't think this run (if we can get enough buyers to make it happen [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]) will have the binding. I think Chlorine would look cool. I will do this with any PC1 or other non traditional SLATQH color.

Jim

Comment

Maybe Chroline is the way to go.
          Lighter color would look better than darker color on Arch top.
          IMO.

Comment

To tell you the truth, i'm open to any color other than the standard options. I just we can get enough interested parties involved to make it happen. So far...

Me
            Toru
            Fritz
            and maybe Hammer

Thats only 3.5 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

We need another 5 willing to go for it to make it happen.

Comment

Jim,
              Put me down for a definate "maybe". Or a possible "I don't know". Or, it may end up in a "not really sure". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I would love to be in on this one...Just not sure if I can swing it financially. So, here's my "wishy-washy" wish list on the specs I would like:

Color: 1st choice: Chlorine, 2nd choice: Euphoria, 3rd choice Chlorine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Body Binding: No
              Pups: Don't really care (EMG's would be cool though)
              Hardware: Gold!
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

So that will make 4.0 now.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The SLATQH is sweet, but it bugs me they don't make one with 24 frets. Make it with 24 frets (and maybe an SLS headstock [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) and I'm in. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'd prefer Rootbeer or Mocha for the color. And either DiMarzios or EMGs. Of course, if it's EMGs, the 85 would go in the bridge and an 81 or 60 in the neck. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toe, that will be a full custom shop spec..
                    Me too. I wish we could change more things from regular model since we will be ordering 8..
                    I really wish the body to have full mahogany,natural finish and so on.
                    I hope this changes in the future because damn these select models are already expensive and why can't they do something with not too much extra?
                    I don't mind waiting for a year or so but not spending too much money..

Comment

Ok, so that makes it 3.725? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your specs are right on. I have no clue about the natural
                      binding, but I think it would be no. This is starting to look like a chlorine guitar. I love Chlorine, but I've got the SL2T Chlorine coming in. It's a cool enough color to have two of anyway. Euphoria would be cool too. I'm open on the color.

Here it are the specs again
                      SLATQH specs Click here

with the following custom options...
                      <font color="red"> Color </font> - Euphoria, Chlorine or maybe something else if somebody comes up with something cool.
                      <font color="red"> Oiled neck </font>
                      <font color="red"> EMG 81/85 </font> those of us 85 in the bridge guys (or gals) can swap them easily enough [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sound good? 4/5 more buyers to make it happen. (I'm going to make you all real sick of me, if not already trying to sell this thing! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Jim

Comment

I know. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I can get by on 22... not that big a deal. Also, I'd vote for the mahogany neck to be finished and not oiled. If it were a maple neck, then I'd go for oil. Mahogany is not a stable as maple, so I think it'd be better protection to have it with a high gloss finish. Or maybe a matte satin finish so it has a little more protection than just oil. The satin feel is similar to oil anyway.

Comment

Jim, a question.
                          Can this be a Black color with Cream binding?
                          it's just a question so please don't take it as that is what I want.

Comment

Yeah Toe. What Toru said. You just about spec'd out my custom shop dream guitar (I've already priced it out before the increase!) I have been thinking that the 3 3 head stock would look bad ass on a SLATQH. And 24 frets, well, we'd all love that although, the 22 frets on the SLAT's don't bother me like it does on an SL4. Maybe some day if Jackson loosens the belt on these dealers as far as options, but I ain't holdin my breath. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Maybe some day if Jackson loosens the belt on these dealers as far as options, but I ain't holdin my breath. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              LOL I hear that! The SLS headstock looks awesome, but the regular pointy would be fine. I really love the arched body and think a 24-fret version should be made. After all, two extra frets is better, innit? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Toe, you can add 2 more frets and make it 24frets if you want to.
                                Cut the headstock off, add a SLS style headstock.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X