Let's do a VVV custom shop run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let\'s do a VVV custom shop run

Ok, well I dont know who interpreted what for you...
    I thought perhaps you had the skinny on something different.
    I actually announced on the forum that the Usa Selects were being increased 15% as of Aug 1st 2004 and that the imports were up 5%.
    However, I have no knowledge of Custom shop orders being raised at the first of the 2005 year...

It is possible that I missed the announcement.. but noone at Jackson mentioned to me that there was a 25% hike at the end of the year..
    And I talk to the Jackson guys on a weekly, sometimes daily basis...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      However, I have no knowledge of Custom shiop orders being raised at the first of the 2005 year...

[/ QUOTE ]

They were raised at the beginning of 2004, not something coming for 2005. This was on Custom Shop orders only, not USA Select guitars. That's what makes the new 15% price increase confusing..... does it apply to Customs or not???? Kevin says yes.

I was talking with Kevin back in Jan 2004 about getting a Custom Shop guitar built and at that time, the new 25% price increase pushed me over the edge and was enough to make me blow off the order.

Comment

ok.. I see.. you were talking about the 04 increases..
        Man.. I was thinking you had some info on ANOTHER increase for Dec 04/ jan 05 [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        Thats what was so mysterious to me...
        I can stop sweating now thats all solved.

All is well again.

Comment

They really need to update that online Custom Shop Quote Form since it still reflects 2002 AMIC pricing.

Comment

Agreed!
            There are several errors on it
            and lack of certain options...

Hopefully soon!!

Comment

Yep - fukking cracked mirror finish cost is now $900. That was DOUBLE what I figured...but I still got it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Gimme a price first.

Comment

Need a price before I can say yay or nay.

EJ

Comment

To get a price estimate, you guys have to set on certain specs before talk with one of the dealers.
                    Specs first, then the price.

Comment

Since these are custom shops, the specs can and will vary.
                      Thats the beauty of the full on CS..
                      But then it deviates from a special run.. so you guys wouldnt really have 1 of anythjing.. they'd all me one off's.
                      Unless you want to to them all with the same basic specs.
                      But I wouldnt want to shell out that kinda money for features i care not to have...

Please keep me posted..
                      And thanks for the continued feedback!

Comment

I sent Scott the specs of the variation I'd want and he is firming up the price with Jackson. Until then it's hard to say. It ain't going to be cheap.

As I mentioned before and Scott reiterated, we don't have to all have the same specs unless we want to. My understanding is we'd have to come up with a lot more folks to do a real run. These are CS guitars so you can get what you want - Scott was just offering to sweeten the deal if we placed several orders at the same time.

Anyone that's interested send me an e-mail (not a PM) and we can discuss this off the board. [email protected]
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hmm...I guess it's just a bad time for folks or we got a lot of tire kickers.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I hear you.
                            Too many interests with empty bank accounts.
                            You got to have balls AND the money to order killer stuff like this.
                            I suggest you to go ahead and order yours.
                            No reason to wait others(well maybe you could get it cheaper if several people order together but) if you really want it.
                            about 50 people submitted their votes and who are really wanting these?
                            It will take a lot of time to build one like this and I am sure you will want it finished in 2005 instead of 2006.

Good Luck!

Comment

I'd be in....but the price increase is scaring me to think it's out of my reach now....
                              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X