Broken Mirror finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Mirror finish

Is this still an available finish for custom shop guitars? I'm really set on a custom King V with this finish. I assume the back and sides will just be painted in whatever requested colour? Also, I'd be wanting a Kahler pro flatmount trem, are they gonna available from Jackson for the custom shop guitars? I know ESP isn't taking any requests for kahlers... James

Re: Broken Mirror finish

I'm assuming you mean this:

and not this:

???

The custom shop order form lists $420 for the former.

Don't know about the current state of Kahlers, though

Comment

From Megadeth Forum

Comment

I think Brett ordered his custom shop order with Mirror cracked top.
        IF not on the custom shop quote, simply ask one of the JCF dealers.

Comment

Yeah Brett ordered his VVV with that finish. So I know it is available...I think he said they doubled the price for that option around the time of the price increase.So it is pretty pricey....cool thou [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If they doubled the price for the option, it would be like $4500 and up list price or a custom shop KV?!
            Maybe it would be cheaper to score a used KV1 and look for a shop (GMW?) to do the cracked mirror top.
            Maybe you will save half of what you will be spending on custom shop Jackson...

Comment

Yes, I did, and the upcharge for a cracked mirror top is now $900 - it more than doubled. You have to really want that finish now.

My VVV spec'd out to like $6K or so list - it was / is insane.

Brett

Comment

i scored a custom cracked mirror soloist last year from guitar asylum in ny for a reasonable price. my advice is be sure to get the matching headstock, but don't get the mirror inlays because they are acrylic and look a bit cheesy compared to the top/headstock. and keep in mind, that's going to be one HEAVY mf because the mirror adds weight .

Comment

forgot to mention...i would recommend getting it done in the factory versus aftermarket because of the bevels on the wings of the kv and rr. in the custom shop, they will do the guitar as a "flat-top" so the mirror covers the entire top. my soloist is flat-topped, aka it doesn't have the body contour in the top left of the body.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    aka it doesn't have the body contour in the top left of the body.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the arm-rest thing? Got any pics of it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember seeing that one at the Custom Shop a couple years ago...Guitar Asylum had a RR and SL in Cracked Mirror...matching headstock with abalone logo. Killer axes...I think I have pics of them there somewhere on my pc at home.

- Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Please do post pics, I'd like to see what the soloist looks like with that finish.

Comment

i have photos but am new to posting so have to search the topics for the "how to"

Comment

E-mail me the pix, I will post them for you.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah its the kind like the pic of the kelly and king V im after. To compensate for the weight increase i'd prob opt for alder as body wood as opposed to mahogany. I like the sound from alder anyways (i use an esp kh2 neck thru). I wouldnt go for mirrored inlays, just m.o.p. sharkfins. Itll have the matching headstock, black back and sides, ebony board, emg 81/60 pups and a kahler pro flatmount if i can get it. Im in the UK so guitars here cost tonnes anyway so it'll not be too bad (a gibson les paul custom is $4500). What exactly is it that is used for the effect? James

Comment

Working...
                              X