• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SLS

Those are Piranha teeth.

Comment

No, those are double sharkfin inlays [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        IMO this bridge isn't silly at all! ABM parts are from very high quality. Actually one of the reasons I ordered an SLS is the bridge. I don't care about the headstock, but I think it fits well. I guess the main reason why the SLS doesn't sell well is not because of the scale, bridge, headstock, whatever, but because there are no famous artists playing one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bridge is silly if you look at the styling of other Jackson guitars....I never said it wasn't high quality. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with no famous people playing them. I don't know many famous people playing warriors either but they are probably selling better than the SLS at this point I would imagine.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          No, those are double sharkfin inlays [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm... I got it now!
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The 1 thing I love about this guitar is the scale length, man I wish they offered the SL2H Mahogany in 24.75 scale. I would order one immediately. I really prefer the 24.75 scale over the 25.5 scale length and I use 9-42 strings. I like em really slinky. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The bridge is silly if you look at the styling of other Jackson guitars....I never said it wasn't high quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I understand now, must have been a language barrier or something [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually played one of these today, and it was one of the sweetest guitars I've played. I dont know if it was the short scale or what, but it was just playable as hell. And as far as it having a "slim" body- it really didnt seem that slim to me...just a lil bit skinnier than a normal soloist. And the bridge was fine...it looks odd in pictures, but in person it looks fine, and feels fine. the inlays are pretty neat too. The store i played it at wanted over 2 grand for it..crazy.

Comment

I think that the SLS is a great guitar and has cool design factors. I know that I'm coming from a different frame of reference, so I can see where others could/would dislike it. I think the fact that no one famous is playing it DEFINITELY hurts the marketability. In the case of the Warrior, one could say that Jackson is designing for its audience, so success of sales would be a given.

The SLS is a work of art in the same class as the Bond and the Parker and as a great conceptual effort, it will become highly sought after people realize how forward thinking it actually was. I only wish it was made in left-hand.

BTW, Iommichild, it's way cheaper at GC. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I got the call today. Mines on its way. Been waiting since march. USA SLS Burnt cherry sunburst.

Comment

Post pics when she comes in. I am tempted to get one, but they are kinda expensive for their size and no Floyd. Maybe a used one one day. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X