Just got a SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got a SL2H

I don't even know how to start this, I'm so excited!! I took it to a shop on my lunch and asked about the action and the guy explained that I just need to turn the screws on either side of the E strings, I didn't really need to do a setup. So I went back to work, posted my earlier rant and put it on the bay with a $900 BIN or trade. Then last night I had about 30 minutes to practice, so I double checked with the owners manual and started cranking those two screws and.............it is AWESOME!! This is what I was expecting - a newer, better version of my Model 6. Then I ran upstairs to make sure no one had bid on it and pulled the listing (4 people had already emailed me with questions!). Whew - that was close.
    PS - don't worry Dinkyjacksonman, I still would have stayed on the forum with my Model 6 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Well done!
      Now tell us more about the guitar!

Comment

I was the one who asked u one of them questions bud, My second question was going to be , why would u want to sell your sl2h lol..., I glad though u decided to keep it , I just love sl2h's and sl2ht's, anyway be first to tell me if u change your mind again.
        All the best man.

Comment

see didnt we tell ya. look how close you were to just passing it up. You could have lost a great guitar forever, and all you had to do was tweak two screws. We warned ya. Glad you finally got it how you wanted it and its what you expected.

Comment

So you're the guy from Ireland asking about shipping -lol. I'm just glad no one bought it after I "fixed" it and fell in love with it.

More about it. Well, it's a 2003 (built 08/08/03) in black ghost flames, all original. Basically, it is a new guitar. The guy I won it from was local so I picked it up (it was nice to not have to wait for it and save the shipping). When I opened the case, I thought I was looking at a new one. The first thing I did was flip it over and there isn't even any rash on the back! The guy bought it last September, played it a few times (never left his house), and it sat in the case. And I got it for $895! I love it!!
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

You see, you got it cheap.
              So why not to throw a $45 pro set up.
              It can not go wrong.
              These are fine quality instruments and I am glad you like it.
              No I don't work for Jackson.
              [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

dude youd have been crazy to sell a blck ghost flames soloist you got for $895. Dang that sounds sweet, ive always been partial to black ghost flames. I wish I could land a deal like that, maybe you should have sold it, to me! lol glad you love it.

Comment

I agree with dinkyjacksonMan, throw the $45.00 bucks into it, get the frets polished, get the intonation set and have someone who really knows what they are doing check the relief on the neck. I liked mine when I got it and lucky for me Jim Mouridian is local(the best set up guy in Boston) well after he set it up, it played like a different guitar, 5 times better than when I brought it in to him. A good set up on a good guitar=Awesome guitar! I'm glad you kept it and gave it a chance! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I noticed that my RR-1 it´s a little hard to play, the action is low, but the tension it´s a little high, much more than my previous guitar, japanese Jackson JDR Plus. Any suggestion to let the tension of strings a bit lower? I use Ernie Ball 0.09 strings, thanks a lot!

Comment

Helmet, I switched to D'Adario XL 9's and I like them alot better than the Ernie Ball 9's I had used for years. They seem to have a little more bendability than the EB's. May be all in my head though. There is no way that I know of to adjust the string tension on a Floyded guitar.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks Stuka, but i use D´Addario for 5 years, and i liked too much of Ernie Ball. Do you have any Jackson USA? Do you think too they have a high tension?

Comment

I have a few USA Jacksons and I use the same strings on everything. They have a little more tension than my Gibsons, but I am used to it so it doesn't really bother me. How many springs you got on the Floyd?
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

So, high tension it´s a characteristic of USA Jacksons... There are 3 spring...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              So, high tension it´s a characteristic of USA Jacksons... There are 3 spring...

[/ QUOTE ] I guess it depends on what you idea of "high tension" is. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Without playing your guitar, I don't know if it has any more tension than any of mine.
                              Scott

Comment

Hehehe, it´s really very subjective... But in my mind, it´s a very very tension, much more than I expected. But for you, i don´t know... Well, i wish to know what are the factor wich causes influence in tension...

Comment

Working...
                                X