X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got a SL2H

Make a post in the "tech Q&A" section.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I agree with dinkyjacksonMan, throw the $45.00 bucks into it, get the frets polished, get the intonation set and have someone who really knows what they are doing check the relief on the neck. A good set up on a good guitar=Awesome guitar! I'm glad you kept it and gave it a chance! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Well, I'm more than happy with it now so I'm not too worried about getting a setup. But I want to drop one of my guitars a half-step and this might be the one so I'll take it in then. Lovin' my new Jackson! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Scale lengeth is what affects string tension, Jacksons are 25 1/2 and Gibsons are 24 3/4. If he is used to playing short scale guitars the Jacksons will feel alittle stiff,when strung with the same gauge strings. I put 9's on my Gibson's and had to lower the tailpiece all the way to the body. They are still a little sloppy on the bass side. Also floyds were designed to be set up with 9's on a 25 1/2 fender scale.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Scale lengeth is what affects string tension, Jacksons are 25 1/2 and Gibsons are 24 3/4. If he is used to playing short scale guitars the Jacksons will feel alittle stiff,when strung with the same gauge strings. I put 9's on my Gibson's and had to lower the tailpiece all the way to the body. They are still a little sloppy on the bass side. Also floyds were designed to be set up with 9's on a 25 1/2 fender scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, great reply.... It´s the only factor so?

Comment

helmet try tuning a half step down to Eb.

Comment

Its up for auction again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3751661118

Comment

It's a typical newbie behavior. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Probably he joined the forum just to advertise his guitar for sale.
                Only 6 posts and he was telling us "I just bought it","now I am selling it","My guitar plays better now" and now what?
                Selling again?
                Very confusing.
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never played a Soloist, or any Jackson for that matter, that plays and sounds better than my Model 6's. YMMV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, an SL2H in blk ghost flames for $895 is a STEAL. If you sell this guitar you're a moron IMO.

Comment

LOL, and he would prefer a wolfgang [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a blue Wolfgang and I emailed him to propose a trade. What do you guys think? Should I trust him?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          What's up with this guy?
                          I thought he really liked it?
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                          X