Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with my SLATQH

[ QUOTE ]
    SLATQH's seem to have bad luck during shipping. Remember Fritz's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember mine???
    HuntinDoug's busted Slatqh

Part of the problem is those stinkin' G&G cases [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]. A SLATQ fits too loose in them. If the guitar slides fwd, the HS gets crammed up in the corner. I have an old Jackson chainsaw case for mine.

Anyhoo...Bummer Jim! I'd send it back.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I don't want to loose the brass ones

[/ QUOTE ]

point & [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I lost those a long time ago! Subliminal typing I guess.

It's going back today. Jackson wouldn't accept it from me personally, so the fender tech I took it to is taking care of it for me.(makes sense) They've added another layer of padding to the G&G cases. Mine fits in there fine without moving around, but it can't be that great. Looks like the same exact damage yours had, but not nearly as bad.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Good choice insending it back - you don't want one of these:

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That looks painful.
          [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it is the G&G cases. They're nice cases, but SLATQH's just don't seem to fit. There is actually slight damage on the case on the headstock side. As long as they take care of me and it gats back here IN ONE PIECE. Almost makes me want to drive to Arizona myself. I could use a cross country road trip. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Newc, is that the B/W dragon? what a damn shame.

Jim

Comment

Yup. Oddly, the ebony-boarded neck for the Color Dragon I had did the same thing. The maple neck didn't do that, but then it had a natural head, not the black one. The serial number of this one is about a year earlier than the other one IIRC, unless I put the wrong plate on both guitars when I put the necks back where they belonged, so other than that I don't know if it was like a bad time of the week/month for clearcoats or what.

And I agree about the G&G cases. The older 1990 USA and Pro cases are thin as hell, and that thinness had a hand in snapping my Warrior Pro's head in half I'm sure, as it only has one area of padding - at the end under the body scoop.
              Even the one that came with JCF01 doesn't seem to have enough padding IMO.
              I'd rather have an SKB formfit case.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That really sucks. I liked both of those. Especially the color dragon. I wanted it when it went back up on the block this summer, but didn't have the cash.

I was a G&G snob at first, and they are nice, but nice doesn't cut it when the finish checks and headstocks snap. They should at least put packing material like bubble wrap or something over the guitar before closing the case to give it compression. Before I boxed it up, I loaded the cse with bubble wrap. I hope it makes it there and back in one piece. Whats the point in sending it back to be fixed if it's just going to come back and get damaged the same way [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

Re: Problem with my SLATQH (update)

I wasn't going to bore you all with this, but I figure it may help anyone that needs warranty work done that doesn't know what to expect.

The guitar went out three weeks ago so I decided to give FMIC customer service a ring. First let me say that the folks there that I have spoken with have been really great to deal with so far. They guy I spoke too (I believe it was Ray) told me that he really couldn't give me any information on the status of a warranty claim. I get the feeling that they want you to get your info from the repair guy you went through to send it back. I can understand that. He told me that it wasn't that busy and he would check with the techs to see if he could get an update. He came back and told me that the guitar (that got there a week and a half ago) was still in receiving. and that the techs would need a few more weeks to evaluate the reported problem. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I can't get mad at this guy, he's already done more than required of him. It's just frustrating to have to wait for them to look at it when the certified repair guy I took it to evaluated it in 2 minutes!

Sorry for taking up all this space just to vent.

The waiting begins. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

It sucks big time.
                    I guess this is what the dealing with big corporation is all about.
                    It has to go through many stages to get one thing to be done.

Comment

Ok, 1 month later and I still cannot get an answer as to what is going to happen with this guitar. I spoke with a fellow from FMIC Customer Service last Friday and he told me that the paperwork had this guitar as being replaced, but he wasn't sure for some reason and would need to get back to me later that day. I never heard from him. I called yesterday and asked to speak to him and got his voicemail. I called this morning and spoke to another guy who said that he would check into it and get back to me. I hadn't heard from him and it's coming to the end of their work day so I decided to call him back instead of wait for a phone call that I probably would not get (judging from the service I have already recieved). He said that he hasn't heard back from them (I have no idea who) and that it sometimes takes 24 hours for him to find an answer. I said not good enough and he put me on hold and went to check with "them." He then proceeds to tell me that it's been shipped. ??? Ok, So now they are fixing it? Fine, but it's not that easy. When I told him what I was told a week earlier he said he would have to get back to me.

My hands are tied. I am willing to be patient with whatever needs to be done whether it be replacing it, fixing it so that it's in brand new condition or what ever they decide. I just want to be told what that is.

Sorry to waste your time, but I need to vent.

Lets see whats next!

Comment

I've been in the same spot with an SL1. A couple years ago I was on "perpetual hold" for about 10 weeks.....No fun! But....as me GannnPappy used to say: "The squeaky wheel a-git's the greasin'". Translation = Bitch em' out! Every day...til they answer your question. I know that sounds a little harsh but hey...You're a repeat customer (several times over). You at least deserve an answer. Even if it's not the one you want to hear. I know I would much rather hear "Sorry Sir...It may take a few weeks", over "Uhhhh. I'll have to check into it, and get back with you".

Ok....I'm done [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I'm firmly of the opinion that if FedEx and UPS can successfully track nearly every single one of the many millions of parcels they ship every day, most companies should be able to track their own businesses as effectively. There's no excuse at all for FMIC being unable to immediately tell you the location of your guitar, its status in their warranty claim system, the disposition, and an estimated date on which you can expect to receive your guitar or a replacement. Fender's a big outfit, this sort of shoddy customer service and lack of information is just silly.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: I\'m still getting the runaround from FMIC!!!!!

The thing is, for the past week, i was under the impression that they were going to replace it. Now this guy tells me that it's been shipped? I was told twice "we'll get back to you." If it went from being replaced to being shipped how could this guy not know what was going on! I feel like a fukking yo yo! I would love it if it was on it;s way back to me, but I don't know. Last week it was to be replaced. They fixed finish cracking in a week? This whole deal makes no sense. The only thing that I know for sure is that I sent them back a guitar that I paid major $$$ for and nobody knows what the hell is going on with it. I used to work in Customer Service and If my dept ran this way, people would have been let go. There I go again. I'm just so pissed!

Doug, you said it best. I would rather hear that it's going to take a long time. At least I would know something. I will call back Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. until I get a straight answer.

I originally started this thread in hopes of showing that FMIC Customer Service was doing a good job. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim, I am sorry to hear the thing is taking much longer.
                              It seems that this is very usual for them and no wonder why.
                              This is one of the things that I hate to deal with bigger company that they toss you around and still no solution.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Is it possible that the being shipped could be a new replacement one? I hope this gets resolved favorly for you! I have to agree about the case it just doesn't fit the guitar correctly & I put my SLATQH in a Jackson case and put my Charvel Taditional San Dimas reissue in the G&G case.
                                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
                                X