Problem with my SLATQH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with my SLATQH

Assuming FMIC knew about it and pawned it off to him?
    [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'll not rant about the implications of this...

If anything, quality has gotten BETTER at Jackson since they were bought...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Let's see: a SLATQH is returned for repair, possibly repaired and possibly not, and sent back to the owner with the same issue for which it was sent in in the first place. That is, at the absolute best, extremely lame.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah, they planned it out just like that too....
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I think they are not taking these issues serious enough.
          It sucks..

Comment

They returned it with the same problem they were to fix. That's shabby treatment or incompetence, take your pick.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If anything, quality has gotten BETTER at Jackson since they were bought...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how much I agree with this. I think that FMIC Jacksons are better quality than the few years prior to FMIC. If you want to talk about the eighties, thats a whole different story.

[ QUOTE ]
              Let's see: a SLATQH is returned for repair, possibly repaired and possibly not, and sent back to the owner with the same issue for which it was sent in in the first place. That is, at the absolute best, extremely lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree with this one. This should not be happening. It's broke, fix it and get it back to me when it's done (right!) period!

[ QUOTE ]
              I think they are not taking these issues serious enough.
              It sucks..

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!

[ QUOTE ]
              They returned it with the same problem they were to fix. That's shabby treatment or incompetence, take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the real problem, not quality. We can only assume why these finish cracks are happening (the G&G cases), but we really can only speculate. I think the quality of my SLATQH (even with the finish crack) was of superior quality to most electrics out there today. Thats why I buy Jackson. What I don't like is the the lack of commitment to solving a problem or grievence that a cutomer has with a brand new product. I feel that FMIC is too far removed from the actual consumer to care. Just my 2 cents. Now I've sent it back and I have no clue what is going to happen and now Tooling is in the same boat. What gives?
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

If this is how things at Jackson get done when there's a problem then they can expect a complete return and I'd rather just order a whole new guitar. Unfortunately this makes things a pain for the dealer but hey....you gotta have something to stand on unfortunately.

It reminds me the time when a friend got a computer at Best Buy and after a week it crapped out cause one of the internal fans blew. He took it in and they wanted him to go through this whole warranty repair process putting him out of commission for weeks when the computer was ONLY A WEEK OLD. He said, "hell no"....simply said he was going to return it and did just that. Then went to the shelf and got a different model and bought that the same day. Let Best Buy deal with the problem..not the customer.

Comment

honestly, I think that they will replace it, but there are no SLATQH's "on the shelf" I bought it because it was in stock and brand new. If I had to wait, I probably would have bought a used one. Mike (RemCarr) and Brett both had exceptionally clean ones for sale since I got mine. I could have gone for either of those. If the worst thing is waiting, I'll be happy at this point. I just want a straight answer.

Comment

samben....waiting sucks ....in the grand scheme of things it is a small problem to have....but damn it sucks and it aint exactly right.

Comment

I know, but unless I scour the country to try and find a Jackson dealer that has a brand new SLATQH in a color that I like and the dealer is willing to give it up, I'm hosed. I'll have to wait. I guess "happy" was the wrong choice of words. I just need to wait and hear from them. I'll start the phone calls to FMIC again. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I also want to reiterate that the problems I have been having with this have nothing to do with Vwall Guitars. I don't want anyone thinking that this is a result of Scott as a dealer. It is not! Scott has been there with me every step of the way with this. Jackson should be very pleased to have him as a dealer.

Comment

I saw 2 on E-bay looked pretty nice and killer price as well...

Comment

I know exactly which ones you were talking about, but I looked up the dealer and he is not listed as a Jackson dealer so I don't think that would be an option. Not sure how he got them new if he's not a dealer. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe left over?

Comment

JACKSON COMES THROUGH!

After three months, my SLATQH nightmare is over. Got a call this morning from John at FMIC customer service with great news. They will be replacing my SLATQH with a brand new one that they have in stock. He apologized for this taking so long and for the case confusion. He said the only reason that they used the ABS case was that they new about the G&G case issues (We were right!). To show how sorry they were, they are shipping the guitar in an ABS case and shipping back my G&G case separately. the kicker is, I get to keep both cases. They are also shipping it express, so the store I shipped it out through should get it by Monday.

Maybe this shouldn't have happened, but at least they are aware that this shouldn't have happened and the acted quick to rectify it once they realized that something was wrong. I credit Scott (Vwall) for giving them the "push" that they needed. This is a guy that truly stands behind what he sells. Thanks Scott!

No matter what happened or how long it took, Jackson did right by me in the end and thats all I could ask.

I'll post pics when it gets here. It's TSB by the way. They asked if that was ok and I gladly told them yes.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: JACKSON COMES THROUGH!

Sounds great Jim!
                              I hope the new one looks great as the one you had!
                              Congrats and can't wait for the pics!!
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: JACKSON COMES THROUGH!

Good deal Jim...I'm glad to hear everything's..."settled"

Comment

Working...
                                X