SL2HTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2HTs

As some of yall know Ive been bouncing around the idea of getting one. Well I finally did it. At first I was going to get a regular black one and put EMGs in it but then say on VWall guitars the limited run chlorine finished ones that come with EMGs and there are only 10 of. So I sent Scott a cashiers check to ensure that I got one. I think Im getting #10 but thats up to Scott. Im pumped about getting my 2nd USA Jackson and plus a really nice limited one. How do the SL2HTs play? How do they sound? This will probably be my main guitar so Ill use it for metal, blues, clean, and everything in between. Im planning on running it through a Fender Deluxe 40 watt tube amp for now. thanks folks and anyone who has one let me know how they are.

Re: SL2HTs

Well, I'm one of the not so many owners of SL2HT. I love this guitar, the neck especially. I have to admit, though, that I since I am using the crappy solid state Fender champ 30 amp, I cannot comment on the tone (tone doesn't exist in solid state : ) Alright, I'll comment. I like the tone. Clean and distorted. It's way thicker than a bolt on strat, IMO. I got mine from Scott, too, btw. Never had issues with him

Comment

I don't have one yet, but I have number 3 of that same run can't wait to get it. SHould be sometime in Nov.

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

yeah Scott seems like a really stand up guy. I dont know why lots of people havent bought SL2HTs yet. Seems like there would be a lot of people who want one. Floyds are fun but I dont use it enough to put up with the pains of changing strings and stuff. There has to be some other people who own one and love it. Im pretty sure Ill love it. I have an early 90s soloist pro and really like the soloist style guitar, but the middle pickup gets on my nerves a lot. It just seems in the way to me. Im too used to dual humbucker guitars. anyone else got a SL2HT and love it?

Comment

Awesome about #3. I think they are going to look and play killer. That nice oiled neck or whatever. And chlorine with gold hardware and EMGs. I figured if I was going to get a SL2HT and put EMGs in it anyways, why not spend a few hundred more and get something cooler and limited. I cant wait to get mine. Hopefully I will get #10.

Comment

I think for the money, it's a great deal. It's not a custom, but with the options Scott picked, its closer to a custom shop than a production SL2HT IMO. #10 of #10 would be cool to get.

Scott is a great guy to deal with. I'm working on my third new Jackson with him.

Jim

Comment

yeah hes always emailed me back quickly and has put up with all my questions. Yeah thats another reason I got it. Its custom options but not custom shop. And only 9 other ones, makes it pretty rare. And $1200 for a black SL2HT and then add $200 for EMGs and there is only a $200 difference between that and the Chlorine limited runs. I cant wait to get it. November seems like such a long way off. I thought the frist few and last one would have been taken for sure.

Comment

I think 10 was taken, but someone may ahve backed out. Come on November!!!!

Jim

Comment

Yeah someone had told Scott they wanted it, but Scott said he had called him and hadnt heard anything from him. I told Scott I wanted #10 or the best looking one of the ones left.
                  Either way its awesome having 1 of 10 guitars made. Its a great deal and I hope Scott gets some more cool limited guitars, cuz after this one I might want another.

Comment

Please do not quote prices!

Comment

sorry. didnt know it was a big deal. are you talking about me talking about the black SL2T or the limited one? Cuz $1200 is about the average price for regular SL2Ts and you can look on the website and see the price for the limiteds.
                      And that was a direct quote just off the top of my head.

Comment

Read the rules first

Comment

where is a list of the rules?

Comment

The rule regarding posting pirces you got from dealers is in the Classifieds section.
                            How did you miss after your 400posts?

Here is the rule.

"Hey all,

In our never ending search for the perfect gear, we often get some great pricing from dealers. Do them a favor and don't post those prices on internet forums; it can be viewed as MAP violation, and it can hurt the dealer you're trying to buy from.

We've all seen what our local stores have to offer, and realize that an online dealer often has better selection, and much better prices. Let's help these guys stay in business so we can give them our money for years to come!

This is something that will be looked at seriously here, so please follow this etiquette.

Thanks,

The JCF Admins "

Comment

I've ordered one of the SL2ht chlorine too, on
                              the invoice Scott sent me it has number 5 on it so I take I will be getting that number , I can't wait , however it took me a while to decide on it as I had my doubts on what it would look like , put have seen the chlorine finish elsewhere and I love it , I can't wait , Scott's the man, the sl2ht's are my main guitars , I have an sl2ht silver swirl, sl2ht bolted steel , sl1t bolted steel , sl2h snakeskin, I wanted to ask why is there a double battery compartment needed for emg pickups on the sl2ht chlorine, all esp's have only a single one, just wondering why 2 are
                              included??

Comment

Working...
                              X