Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SL2HT CHLORINE limited run countdown!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SL2HT CHLORINE limited run countdown!!!!!

I am cool either way but I would prefer the gold it would finish the look better. I am not even a big gold fan to be honest but on the chlorine it is very tasty
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I cant wait to get mine. I dont much care about the gold pickup rings. no biggy to me. i just want to get it home and play it. Any pics of the headstock or back of the guitar? Man these things look sweet.

Comment

I agree...no real big deal. This can always be changed. But sure would be nice to see the package look as good as possible right from the start!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah. But Im not much of a gold fan. Thats why I didnt jump on a run that onlinestagegear had a few years back of chlorine soloits with gold hardware. the all gold floyd was just too much gold for me. I think the string thru has enough gold yet not too much. very classey looking. I dig the black pickup rings. might switch to gold but not right off the bat.

Comment

If they did change the rings to gold it would make more sence
            the whole hardware of the guitar is gold, I would have
            thought they should have went for the gold rings anyway ,
            i'm not a gold fan to much either but if u are going to have a guitar with gold hardware it should be all gold including
            the rings , it does look like kind of plain with the black rings and sort of kills the gold effect,
            i'm not to bothered to say the least, but jackson should have called it right regarding the pickup rings.

Comment

Yes, i agree on the gold, But I called Jackson again on the rings and its still the same story for them.
              Because of the heighth of the bezel for being a string thru, the option was to have the thin gold bezels over/on top of the black ones. And that would look so dime store.
              Even Jackson said it would look cheap like that.
              If everyone wants the stew mac ones, we can save a little by ordering more and I will install them free for everyone.
              Please let me know.

Comment

Maybe, but the black doesnt really bother me too much. Yeah the overall theme was gold so I guess gold pickup rings woulnd look better with the flow of the guitar. Thats like how I thought an oiled neck on the black limited KV that is being made, wouldnt look right with the overall finish of the guitar.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Gold Rings... I am fine either way but if others want the aftermarket gold rings (scott getting them for the whole run) I'll do it if not I am content with the black and maybe getting my own later on.

Comment

I have a set of brass rings that I'll be using. I had budman make them for my SLAQH, but I had to send it back and it looks like it will be replaced now, but I'm waiting to hear back from Fender CS. So I'll probably be able to use them on the chlorine. I would say whoever wants them, order them and have scott put them on. If you like black, keep em black. Can't friggin wait!
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

these guitars are going to be sweet. Itll be nice to have a little color in my collection.

Comment

So we are just saying stick with the black and everyone get the rings on their own if they want them? Sounds fine to me.

Comment

I just want to play the dang thing. lol. Ill worry about the pickup rings later on.

Comment

If anyone has their heart set on gold rings, I'm sure Scott will put them on for ya if you get them from Stew Mac or wherever. I would check with him on that though.

I haven't anticipated a guitar so much since I ordered my custom King V back in 88.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

It just dawned on me the other day that I am buying two awesome limited gutiars this year. Until now I only had bought 1 USA Jackson and the rest were imports. Now I will have 3 USA Jacksons and two of them are limited runs. And finally a KV2. Im starting to get pumped.

Comment

LAND! LAND! LAND! LAND! LAND! LAND! LAND!

Comment

Working...
                                X