Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SL2HT CHLORINE limited run countdown!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SL2HT CHLORINE limited run countdown!!!!!

According to DHL tracking the estimated delivery date was the 30th and it was on the truck yesterday. It never came and then at like 6:30, the status changed to "scheduled fo Delivery." WTF! I know, I know. It's only an estimated delivery date. It's like torture!

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

For string binding in the nut I use this stuff called LanoLube...it's pure lanolin and I just dab a tiny bit in the nut slot w/ a toothpick while changing strings and it tunes so smoothly w/ no mess or hassle. My SLATQH used to bind the G string [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....also, use this stuff and it is the most stable guitar I own...it basically won't go out of tune.
      You can buy a 2 oz. tube that will last you forever from a company named MSC for $5.59. There number is 1-800-645-7270 and the part/ordering number is 00263574, they will ship via UPS the same day....kick ass clean and safe stuff..everybody should use it on there nuts.

Comment

Just got mine and can't put it down! The oiled neck, the 18v emg's, what more can I say. Even the inlays stand out. I have to go noodle for a while and I'll come back with a more detailed report.

Comment

ok everyone. I could only stand it for so long. I am in and now have #5 coming. Thanks so much Scott your the best. I can't wait maybe by Thursday. I will let you all know and take some pics. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I got mine yesterday!!! Amazing the setup was amazing out of the box (thankfully we had a warm day here in chicago @ 50 degrees so the wood didn't change too much and I let it heat up for 4 hours which was murder!) Damn seriously the finest ot of the box instrument I ahve gotten. The attention to detail was amazing. I am going to have to get another limited run guitar just because of it.The neck is awesome (scott you have that oiled neck Warrior still?) Man just awesome. Very pleased. It is such a hard color to capture and this is a deeper blue than some I have seen which I like...
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hehe, Im glad you liked my set up.
              I try to get them all set up real low before I ship them and sometimes the weather changes my hard work.
              Im happy it survived the shipping.

And yes, i still have the WR1 with the oiled neck [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I must say that Scott did do an exceptional job on the setup. I usually don't care too much about the setup if the guitar is being shipped to me. I'll go over it reguardless because of the fact that it was shipped and exposed to temp changes and what not. It was buzzing for me a little lastnight, but by this morning it was right on. Nice low action Scott! I'm going to have to change the strings anyway because I've got to put on the brass (budman) pup rings that I had on my trans black SLATQH that ended up going back.

I FRIKKIN LOVE THIS GUITAR! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If you are on a fence about getting one, just do it. You won't be sorry. What do you have left Scott? 3? 4?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Thanks Jim! I loooe low action!

The numbers currently left are 4-6-8-9.
                  These are due in over the next couple weeks.
                  I cant wait!

Comment

I added the brass budman p'up rings that I had. I think it really makes it complete. I have not put this guitar down. It's a close second to my number 1 player (87 arch top). Anybody else add gold or brass rings?

Comment

I am looking to get the PUP rings. Is the bridge ring that you have the same height at the neck? I would really like to find one that fits like the plastic ones that are on it now.

Comment

Yeah, they're both the same thickness (3/16ths). It doesn't bother me though. I think you might have a hard time finding exact replacments in metal for the black plastic rings. Rings with the taper is what would be hard to find IMO. Maybe Dave(budman) can make em? If so, he does real quality work.

Comment

dang i think that is the best picture of the chlorine ive see. it is one beautiful guitar.

Comment

WOW Jim, the guitar looks great!
                            Chroline is a funny color.In yoru picture, the guitar looks like in Cobalt Blue..
                            Congrats !

Comment

i like the way it looks. is it really that dark? if so thats awesome. i think it looks better a little darker blue. those pickup rings look really cool and finish the guitar off. I cant wait to get mine. I guess thats what i get for getting number 12, last number and last to be produced and shipped out.

Comment

In certain light it is that dark In sunlight it gets much brighter but inside it is that dark IMO... Real tough to get teh feel of that color it is awesome

I love the brass rings it really finishes the look.. Anyone want to see if we can get a batch from Dave to the black ring spec?
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X