Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (maybe)

I mentioned this in a past thread and a recent one. Scott mentioned maybe I should start a whole new thread just relating to this KV. I think a King V2 black with silver bevels, either silver sparkle or anothing silver, would be killer. Throw in some EMGs and make about 10 of them and that would be a nice limited KV2. I tried to figure a way to get one a year ago but it would end up costing me over like $2000 after the guitar paintjob and EMGs. As you all know by now it takes 8-10 buyers to get this done. Scott is really cool to work with, and is willing to get this done. I was just wondering if there is anyone else who would be in on this? Think of how cool it would look. Lots of people like the black with white bevels so the silver bevels should be as cool or cooler, and Im starting to be a sucker for these limited Jacksons.

Re: limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (maybe)

You got a price estimate?

Comment

Re: limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (mayb

if you make the silver very dark (Gun Metal?) and have one humbucker. count my ass in!

p.s.--> reverse headstocks would be nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

See thats the thing, Scott said Jackson wont make huge alterations like that. Like have to change the routing or headstock. Otherwise Id go for string thru. They only do standard models but change like pickups and hardware and colors. Which is still awesome that Jackson would do that and not call it custom like some other guitar companies. As you know just the name custom means huge price increase. Yes Scott gave me an estimate but since I broke one rule about this already email me or Scott and Ill let ya know what it is. Its pretty fair all things considering. Thats what I was saying about the grey. Id like to be a darker silver because I think silver sparkle might look goofey. maybe either gun metal grey or a little bit lighter GMG. I wonder if Jackson has flat black hardware? And an EMG 81 in the bride and 89 in the neck. I think the 89 would be good since its basically the 85 but coil tapped which is really useful. I have an 89 in my rhoads and it really gives you some tonal options.

Comment

yeah, your right.........too many changes!

but I think we might have something here with like a
          "pewter"/grey or something........lets go EMG 81/85, so I can put the 85 in the bridge I dont need coil tap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I Just looked at it in the custom shop generator, SWEET!

Comment

alright i can live with an 85 in the neck, can always sell it and pout an 89 in there. The great thing about the limiteds is they come with the battery holders built in. that is sweet. no unscrewing stuff just pop out and slip a new battery in. yeah i thought silver sparkle would be a little too sparkly if ya know what i mean. A nice pewter/gun metal grey would look killer. just enough so it looks cool and doesnt look like an all black KV but still metal looking. im new to this so bare with me, i couldnt believe Scott was so ready to do this idea. we just need 8-10 more folks. come on people these will be sweet. im going to be totally broke after the soloist and this but its worth it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              See thats the thing, Scott said Jackson wont make huge alterations like that. Like have to change the routing or headstock. Otherwise Id go for string thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a minute?!?!

why don't we go for a KV2T then! I was trying to figure out what sorta colour scheme on a KV2T to get....what about this!

Think about what it would look like with those inlays.....and that headstock.....same pickups...mahogany.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I say go for a KV2T...throw some hot pups in there...I like the black ghost flames or EDS the best on those...all black hardware (even the domes knobs..no MOP on them)...Black sperzels...and get Budman to make some V string-thru plates and throw those on [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The ultimate would be rev headstock/inlays...but then we're talking custom shop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

- Joel
                RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                RIP Dime

Comment

I suggest everyone to order his/her own custom shop guitar and be happy 100%.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been dreaming about a guitar almost exactly like this for a while now... hrrrmmm.. I'd also be totally broke after it though.. but it might be worth it. I was also thinking reverse headstock and string-through.. I'll have to do some serious debating..

I realize we can't get a real price estimate, but is there anyway I could get a VERY broad estimate? We're talking somewhere between custom shop and USA standard right? closer to which end of that spectrum? (basically just would need to decide if it would be worth compromising on some features or holding out and saving up for the custom shop)

Put me down for seriously considering/_almost_ in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

oooh I type too slow... hmmm KV2T...

edit: err wait, are those now all 24.75" scale? that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Comment

and I just noticed that the KV2T has NO bevels....i'm dumb....f*ck the kv2t...just a kv2 would be stylin'

Comment

About the price,
                          The very best way to find out is contact one of the dealers.
                          From what I understand, if you are going to change major spec of the production model such as reverse headstock, then expect it to be a full custom shop order and it has nothing to do if you order 10 or 1.
                          The price will be teh same(or maybe one of the dealers will give you little more discount if ordering 10).
                          But also note that While production models are listed for around $2000-2500, custom shop guitars will be at least $1000-1500 more according to custom shop quote.
                          This means no matter how you do it, your price will not be that cheap.

So if you want to save money, there are 2 things you can do.
                          1.limited editons with VERY minor spec changes such as color,pickups,neck finish.
                          2.buy a production model and modify it the way you want.

OR

If you know exactly what you want and can not fit in one of these limited edition guitars (because of string thru and reverse head), go with the custom shop.
                          Get your estimate from all 3 dealers and go with the cheapest one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            About the price,
                            The very best way to find out is contact one of the dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sir, the very best way is to contact me.
                            Since I am the one working on this run. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Further, for the cost of a KV2T.. You guys may as well order a custom shop...

Comment

Im not a big fan of the KV2T. plus someone pointed out it doesnt have bevels and there goes the painted bevels. I think a black KV2 with gun metal grey (maybe) bevels, EMG 81/85, and maybe a chrome or relfective type Jackson logo ont he headstock. Scott did give me a rough estimate but now im following the rules and youll have to pm me or scott to find out. Ive been wanting a KV2 like this for a while. But didnt want a custom because of the price and the wait. And fixing up a black KV2 would cost as much or more. most likely more.

Comment

Working...
                              X