Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (mayb

ahh poo! mirror logo was my next question actually [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought it might be more expensive though...

Comment

dang. yeah no need in throwing a whole lot more money into it for a mirror logo. the abalone would be pretty cool too, but that chrome would have been killer. its ok though, I wasnt planning on buying the guitar for the logo anyways.
      I still think this KV would be killer.

Comment

oh yeah, I still think it would awesome just with a standard MOP logo.

Comment

MOP would be fine, but I want to see how far we can push this...

Comment

yeah a nice MOP logo would be cool too, but not as cool as chrome. lol. I wonder if they can do a black MOP logo. Id still love the EMG 89 in the neck. That pickup rules. So can we get factory strap locks? This is going to be a great KV2. Can we get an unfinished oiled neck? That might be cool but its up to yall. Painted would be just as fine with me.

Comment

hmmm black MOP would be awesome, or maybe even some other color (although that might be a bit much, with such an otherwise black and white guitar) I'd prefer painted as far as necks go.

Comment

Black MOP? never seen it before...got pics?

I would prefer an oiled neck myself, but painted is fine...hell all of my other jacksons are painted.

Comment

Delivery right around my bday, I might have to talk to my parents about this one. One question. I Looove how Vs look, but I've only played Soloists, is it going to play about the same? None of the dealers around me have much Jackson, and certainly no nice American series stuff.

Comment

Yea they play pretty much the same, only problem you might have is getting used to holding it in classical position when you play sitting down. You straddle the V on one leg and let the fins go around the inside of your thigh. I actually prefer this method now that im used to it...i even do this while playing my strat styled guitars cause it doesnt put as much pressue on your shoulders.

Comment

I've come to prefer the classical position for sitting down after owning Vs too. I use it for strat shaped guitars too. I think it more closely approximates the position my hands are in when I play standing up.

Comment

doesnt the KV have the speed neck? I think we will just have to go with white MOP. The only really other undecided thing is the neck pickup, either an 89 or 85. I want the 89 because its the 85 but can be a single coil too. I have one in my rhoads and they rule. All kinds of possibilities with it. Ive always wanted a KV because the shape is just so cool and its one of the coolest shred guitars around. I think an oiled neck would be cool but might take away from the heavy metal look of the guitar. Its going to be a pretty dark guitar. Nothing too flashy, well anymore, and a sleek stealth kind of paintjob. Gun metal grey is just the right grey for the bevels, not too flashy but not too dark and you cant tell there is painted bevels.

Comment

Mike and I have decided on the tenative specs for it thus far

Its going to be called KV2X1, KV2X2, etc...each one will have its own truss rod engraving

We're thinking about getting "Custom Shop" written on the headstock, but thats open for debate.

What we have decided on is...
                          It will be black with gun metal grey bevels, the logo is going to be white MOP, bridge pick up is the EMG 81

That leaves the neck pick up to be determined. Mike and I both would like the 89, but we're flexible.

The KV should have a speed neck but deciding between oiled/painted will also be open to debate.

we need more people to get this going so sign up!!!

Comment

sounds awesome to me! I use mostly the bridge pickup anyway, and the 81 would be first choice there, so the neck pickup I'm flexible on; I'd probably be happy with either the 85 or the 89 or the 60, maybe even another 81 (although I've never tried an 81 in the neck). 'custom shop' on the headstock would be sweet, but I guess not if it would add significantly to the price.

I'd prefer a painted neck, but an oiled one wouldn't be a deal-break for me either, I like the oiled neck on my schecter alot.

must recruit more people!

Comment

I think the truss rod cover would be awesome like that. If anyone hasnt seen gun metal grey email me at [email protected] My Y2KV is that color and I have some decent digital pics. In case anyone didnt really know what gun metal grey would look like or hasnt seen one in person. I would say lets go on the 89 in the neck, its a very versatile pickup, its the 85 and coil tapped so that gives you all kinds of options. Ive had a guitar with the 60 in the neck and it just wasnt for me. My vote is for the 89. This would be truely unique KV but if you like black but want just a little more, the gun metal grey bevels will really add to the look but still keep a heavy metal look to it. When you look at your limited KV2 you can think to yourself that there is only 9-11 other people that have one in the world, and you didnt have to go custom shop to get it. Plus it will make us a KV2 family. lol. Its going to really hurt me financially but you only live once and no way am I passing up on this, if I have to buy the other 8! just kidding.

Comment

9-11 people? I thought we only needed 10 to get it going

Comment

Working...
                                X