Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: limited run KV2 black with silver bevels (mayb

well Scott might want to do a run of 12. And with the way things are going we might have to do a 15 guitar run lol. yeah he said only 8-10 to get it going. Just wishful thinking on my part. Did ya get my email about the truss rod? let me know what ya think.

Comment

yea i got your mail...i responded too. Just keep the truss rod cover so that the head stock won't look cheesey or cluttered... oh and whatever numbering system you get...I'm 2nd in line pal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

haha i asked scott about that, that you should get number 2.
        maybe we should just go with KV2X on it. I think if they did it in a cool silver finish and maybe a different kind of font then that might look cool. Or just white. Itd be awesome if they could make a truss rod cover out of mirror and write on it with black.

Comment

Black cover and silver writing would be sweet. A mirror cover...with black writing is ok too.

KV2X is definitely the name for it. You want to do the numbering on TR cover...back of the headstock...or just the last fret like other jacksons (can we do that... make custom serial numbers?)

If not, we'll just write on the TR cover...KV2X and under that would be the individualized numbers I,II, III, etc...

man this KV is gonna pwn

Comment

If it plays like a soloist you just have to play it classical sitting down, I will sell my soul to my parents tonight to get as a combined xmas/bday/everything present. Besides, I practice standing up anyway, because when I practice sitting down and it's time to stand up and rock, my play suffers. Not that I'm that good in the first place. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Again, anyone interested in this, PM or email me or mike (jackson16) for more info or the est. price.

Comment

Final Sacrifice, I hope you can get one too and be a part of this. I wouldnt sell your soul, well maybe if it was string thru lol. Lets leave off the silver lettering and just go with the white. I think scott said that the number is on the back of the headstock, i just thought itd be cool to have it on the trus rod cover too. Like KV2X and the roman numeral right under it. this is going to be a sweet KV. Trust me Final Sacrifice its going to hurt me in the pocket too. I have to sell 2 guitars and my amp to pay this and my limited soloist off. But heck you only live once.

Comment

um, I like it so far and I'm in, but I need a painted speed neck.

sorry boys! I like a painted neck.............and I guess that if you have an 89 in the bridge it's an 85 that's splittable right? so there is NO diff btw an 85/89 except that? if so, go with an 89

Comment

Right...89 can sound like 85 or a single coil pick up, but in humbucker mode, the 89 sounds just like the 85.

We can live with a painted speed neck if you wanted to...

Comment

yeah that oiled neck was just a thought i threw out. Im perfectly happy with painted. yeah the 89 is just like the 85. Its a great pickup. With two volumes and the 81 and 89 there are tons of combinations for clean and distortion.

Comment

better check on that "custom shop" on the headstock...I don't think that is an option on these limited runs...

Comment

yeah ill ask Scott. Its really no big deal to me but if its possible i dont see why not get it, unless it costs extra.

Comment

Custom Shop logo can not be on the headstock as these limited editions are basically select series.
                            Used to be different but now Jackson will not put custom shop logo on limited edition select series guitars.
                            That is what I heard last time I asked this same question.
                            Instead, you could probably go with custom truss rod covers.

Comment

thats what me and metalgrasshopper talked about a bit. He thought a good name would be like KV2X and then under that write what number it is in the series in roman numerals
                              KV2X KV2X and so on, i think thatd be cool
                              I II
                              I

Comment

if it doesn't cost too much, then the truss rod cover would be sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X