Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 Stripped Truss Rod

Hi guys,
    I've just taken my PC1 to a guitar shop to get setup and they have advised me that thd Truss rod is rounded out where the Allen key goes in.
    They are saying to fix by stripping neck apart or replaceing for pc1 neck looks like the only fix which are both big $$s
    Asking if you know if other necks fit ok or if anyone knows of a cheap fix for the rounded out Allen key hole.

I think there are tools to combat the stripped allen key hole issue.Also i think you would only have toi get the stripped bolt out of there and put new bolt in if you want to replace the bolt. However you might have to drill a bigger hole to get the bolt out.

This is one of the reasons i hate the millimeter versus imperial system. Also one of the reasons you allways check the trussrod on guitars you are buying and dont let amateurs work on your guitars etc etc..

Comment

Did they strip it? If the truss rod is not stuck, Find a torx bit just larger then the stripped allen. Hammer it in there and adjust as needed

Comment

Working...
      X