USA guitar ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA guitar ?'s

Okies, I'm looking at the SL1, the SLH2, and the DK1. Here's what I like about each:

SL1: I like the Hum-sin-sin configuration, the duncan pickups ( [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ), and ebony board.

SLH2: The option for a mahogony body here has some serious crunch and sustain potential. Ebony board

DK1: I like boltons because I hate finished necks. The option to swap necks if it gets broken without butchering the guitar is nice (then again, I treat my guitars like newborn babies so it would never break) Ebony board.

So my questions are this:

SL1: I've never heard a neckthru guitar on an alder body. Can anyone tell me how it sounds? Any soundclips anywhere?

SLH2: Uhm, again, finished necks I find a little frustrating. Don't really have any questions for this guitar.

DK1: Is the neck finished? How are the EMG's? I have no experience with EMG's what so ever other than what I've heard on the black Metallica album heh.

I know we can't post prices on the Forums here but can anyone PM me a guesstimate on what a used or black new one of these would cost?

Cheers
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: USA guitar ?\'s

SL2H [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to increment your post count [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Benny,check with Matt@Matts Music,he has a used DK-1 cheap!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for pointing that out lol. Dyslexia is excusable on a Friday [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They are all nice. I'd go with the dk1 cause the neck is slightly thinner and its oiled. Plus you get emg's and like you said the axe ain't trash if you break the neck.

Comment

Okies?? you mean me....?? I'm in Oklahoma...just wondering.. LMAO

Comment

On finished necks you can use some 0000 steel wool or 1200 Grit paper and wet sand. Makes it feel nice and you won't have worry about re-oiling ever. Just my .02 cents. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Or you can use polish the neck regularly, and maybe wash your hand once a week [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SL2H mahogany hands down, but I am a huge mahogany guitar lover!! The body at least has to be mahogany for me. Either way, good luck. I don`t mind bolt-ons, but the necks are too thin for me. Jack.

Comment

I've got big ass hands so I think a larger neck might be better :-/

Comment

Benny, Check out Vwallguitars.com Scott has got limited run of SL2H going with an oiled neck, that may be your answer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I've had 2 neck-thru's built with alder, a USA Jackson & a USA BC Rich. Both sounded remarkably similar despite different shapes & pickup brands. They had a very tight, punchy crunch to the distortion but had a nice amount of clarity as well.
                            Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Working...
                            X