Jackson SL2"F", does that exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL2"F", does that exist?

Hi All, I am new here at JCF and i start immediately with a question ?

I got this 2001 SL2 where in the tag it is mentioned as "SL2F". Does the F stand for "flamed"? Or it is a typo and it shoudl have been the standard "H"?

And i guess the top of this one is just a veneer and not a cap, correct?

Some pics:

Originally posted by GiampSqua View Post
    Hi All, I am new here at JCF and i start immediately with a question ?

I got this 2001 SL2 where in the tag it is mentioned as "SL2F". Does the F stand for "flamed"? Or it is a typo and it shoudl have been the standard "H"?

And i guess the top of this one is just a veneer and not a cap, correct?

Some pics:

No cap. Could be "flamed" but IDK when the select series came out and they were all flamed with matching headstocks.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Let's not pay too much attention to those kinds of tags (especially from 2001 when IMC was going broke and Fender was taking over). Joe writes things one way. Frankie writes it another way.
      Plus, typically, anything after the number are the 'add ons', not an actual model.

Translate that data to be
      Soloist
      two pickups
      flame top
      trans green

Comment

Ok, understood Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Correct that SL2F was not an actual model designation. For hang tag purposes, you sometimes see this from those years to distinguish from the SL2HT model (TOM Bridge). So SL2F (or sometimes SL2HF) meant Floyd, not flame top.

Comment

cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X