No announcement yet.

1989 Price List/ New Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your video, I love your enthusiasm mixed with your honesty about the guitar's issues. Since you seem like a competent tech, the guitar is going to be killer when you're done. I'll have to make time to watch your 30min video on fret sprout and fret ends. But I'd also watch any video you'll make on sharpening this Rhoads, particularly how you will fix the fret ends without damaging the binding, and how to round off the sharp corners of the locknut.

I'm willing to bet that if you film your guitar outdoors on a sunny day, the green will be more prominent.

I've seen your first video before, the one on the Custom Shop issues. I didn't realize it was you!

Sorry I don't have any specific comments about the price of your Rhoads but thank you for not calling it an RR1.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Yeah, thanks for the video of the headstock.
      I saw what I thought I saw in the picture but wanted to be sure.

No 'Made in the USA'. No R.
      obviously that happened sometimes back then, but is that pretty rare?

Comment

Cool! I was also thinking it's black. I remember someone else here had a black Jackson that looked similar to that color, but I thought they said they think the clear coat yellowed through the years and that's why the guitar now looks greenish. Not really sure.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Cool! I was also thinking it's black. I remember someone else here had a black Jackson that looked similar to that color, but I thought they said they think the clear coat yellowed through the years and that's why the guitar now looks greenish. Not really sure.
          It's black. Clear has aged as they do. Just MO since you have a few spots that are black from wear of the clear.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

It's black. Clear has aged as they do. Just MO since you have a few spots that are black from wear of the clear.
            That's pretty much what I thought.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, black.

Comment

Working...
              X