Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson DK1 datation body/neckplate différence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK1 datation body/neckplate différence.

Hi there...
    I am amazed to see a body dated 1995 on a guitar whose serial number corresponds to 1997 ...
    I did not know that Jackson stored elements so long before assembling them ...
    Does that seem normal to you?

Do you have pictures?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

But I included them in the message... (it was difficult, by the way...).
      You don't see them?

Comment

I start again...

Comment

Last edited by Hoarne; 06-30-2022, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Are they visible now?

Comment

When I try to include photos I always get a warning message :
              • You are not authorized to create or remove attachments.

Comment

You need to host them on a site and then link here. Use a hosting site like imgur.com or something similar.

Comment

I think I saw you post this on Facebook. One option is to right-click your image, copy the link to the image, and paste it here. That would save you from needing to upload to an external hosting website https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...client=gws-wiz and pasting the generated links back here in your next reply. (You could still do that if you want.)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoarne View Post
                    Are they visible now?
                    If I can help? You can send them to my email and post them. I've done it before for people.
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses...
                      So concerning the photos, I managed to post them since I see them in my messages, what I don't understand is why the members of the forum cannot see them.
                      I use the forum from an iPhone, and my photos are in my iPhone...
                      I'm not a pro of this forum interface, I don't understand much about it...

But thanks to john.w.lawson for his proposal, it will probably be the easiest and fastest for this time.

About this DK1, I contacted Fender EU (since I'm in France...), and here is their answer:

Hello Hervé,

Thank you for reaching out. I have spoken to one of the Jackson team regarding your enquiry.

Jackson Guitars during this period were not well documented at all. The only time you see a non-reversed headstock on a USA Dinky is 1998 but even then, they were 22 fret. That neck doesn't match any production model we can find for that period.

The control layout doesn't match the USA ones either. It could be a Custom Shop but the serial doesn't match custom shop format. The body looks it could be a DX1 from '96-'97 but I'm not sure the neck is original to that body. It could have been replaced but the neck also doesn't match anything from '97. So on the face of it, it looks like the body, neck and neck plate are from different guitars. We cannot say for certain as all we have to go on are the old catalogues - https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US/catalogs.html?dc

This is about as much that we can say on this one I'm afraid - although, I hope it helps a little.

Kindest regards,

Ben

Gear Advisor - Fender EMEA

Comment

Originally posted by Hoarne View Post

Jackson Guitars during this period were not well documented at all. The only time you see a non-reversed headstock on a USA Dinky is 1998 but even then, they were 22 fret. That neck doesn't match any production model we can find for that period.
                        They have no idea what they're talking about as far as not being well documented. They had filing cabinets filled with USA and Custom Shop records. And seeing a standard non-reversed headstock only in 1998 is totally incorrect. If it's an actual DK1 from the mid to late, '90s, it would be 22 frets, HSS pickup layout with standard headstock. The later DK1 had 24 frets, two EMG humbuckers, also with standard headstock.

Comment

I have pics. I'm a little drunk and have a female here so. looks like pre 90 but I'll post in the morning might be a dinky xl with a usa neck
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

It's real

Comment

No one said it wasn't real. It just may be a Custom Dinky and not have the actual model designation of DK1 like he thinks. Where are the pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X