Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson DK1 datation body/neckplate différence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image9[1].jpeg image10[2].jpeg image6[1].jpeg image4[2].jpeg image3[1].jpeg image2[1].jpeg image1[1].jpeg image5[1].jpeg
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      No one said it wasn't real. It just may be a Custom Dinky and not have the actual model designation of DK1 like he thinks. Where are the pics?
      There
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I dont think the body is USA. Neck is 24 fret and at 95-97 DK1s were 22 fret necks. Possibly newer dk-1 neck with some import body. Note there is no heel cut on the neck joint on the back. Also big control cavity. I would like to see whats in there. Trem cavity is made for OFR or jt-580 not for jt-590.

The fender guys got it quite close.
        Last edited by ed; 07-06-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          I dont think the body is USA. Neck is 24 fret and at 95-97 DK1s were 22 fret necks. Possibly newer dk-1 neck with some import body. Note there is no heel cut on the neck joint on the back. Also big control cavity. I would like to see whats in there. Trem cavity is made for OFR or jt-580 not for jt-590.

Yeah, all mine are four digits. I think its an XL with a usa neck?

Comment

Hmmm. I thought the XL bodies had the scalloped heel neck join area like Ed mentioned. And I also thought the XL had the scalloped lower horn, but maybe not all of them did.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Hmmm. I thought the XL bodies had the scalloped heel neck join area like Ed mentioned. And I also thought the XL had the scalloped lower horn, but maybe not all of them did.
              yep got one

Comment

Thank’s to all !!!
                I have an another curiosity, it’s an SL2H from 2005, but without serial number engraved on the fretboard (no serial number on the guitar anywhere, only on the invoice…)
                I will make a new post about it in the coming days...

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

What do think about it being this? I've had it setting around so it's dusty and shit.. I just borrowed parts off it...

20220713_134407_HDR[1].jpg

Comment

Nevermind, just noticed pickup routes are different. I wonder if he measured the scale?

Comment

Working...
                    X