Shattered Glass SL2H Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Glass SL2H Pics

Here are a few pics of the shattered glass SL2H I got in a trade with Chris' Guitars:

Re: Shattered Glass SL2H Pics

pedalGEEK,
    Cool guitar how does she play?

Comment

Plays like butter.

Comment

I likey, Likey! I've got a trans Black SL2H, my favorite neck thru. What's the shape of the neck on this one? Mine is a little chunkier than most other Sl2H's I've played, but I love it , I wonder if they use several neck profiles on these. Mine is a 2001 if that makes any difference.
        congrats! killer looking Axe!
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Your right, it does look MUCH better than in Chris' pics!
          Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yea!
            Looks so much better than the pics I have seen.
            Nice!
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

pG, my glasses "shattered" looking at that SL2H!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That brings back some memories. My very first custom shop Jackson was that finish. I got it in 89 or 90 and it was a strat body with a reverse headstock. It was 2200.00 !

I never saw the finish in the catalouges way back then, was it an option ? I got mine and then it seemed like years later it was a standard finish for the USA series.

It was cool, the store let me talk to the JAckson rep and and order it myself, right down to what kind of tone controls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Your guitar is smokin man, don't get rid of it like I did [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  What's the shape of the neck on this one? Mine is a little chunkier than most other Sl2H's I've played, but I love it , I wonder if they use several neck profiles on these. Mine is a 2001 if that makes any difference.
                  congrats! killer looking Axe!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure exactly on the neck profile as this is the first Jackson Soloist I have ever owned (or even played for that matter!). It seems a little thinner from low-E to hi-E and a little chunkier from top to back than most of the late-80s Jax Strats and Dinkies I have. I'm not crazy about the painted finish on the neck, and at times this guitar seems "too perfect" like it has no soul--I guess I'll just have to keep playing it and getting used to it. It is pretty much flawless in all respects.

Also, even my pics don't do the finish full justice. It still looks better in person.

Comment

I know what you mean , about being too perfect, I call mine the Steinway of my guitars, it's like almost too nice to play. As far as the neck goes mine is black lacquered and I find if I just keep wiping it so it stays clean it doesn't get grabby. Play the Sh*t out of it and get used to it, if I could only keep one guitar my SL2H would be it, it's alot more versatile sounding than you may think, and once the neck starts to break in you can really fly on it. Damn I want to go play mine right now! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                    X