2023 CS Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 CS Dinky

when I saw cerealkiller's got to him, I knew mine must not be far behind, as I ordered in august 2020. so 37 months for me!

I ordered "mercedes blue" not knowing what to expect as I wanted something elegant but shiny. It's a pretty sweet color, kinda similar to gunmetal but less green. I'll post some family pictures soon.

After I ordered it I was kinda flip-flopping over whether I should have got chrome bridge/tuners instead, but I think the black/brass actually turned out pretty cool.

neck is great. it's about the same thickness as my '87 but a little more D-shaped. A little thicker than my '88.

little video of me holding it at various angles: https://imgur.com/QDqQPLP

metalhobo

What a BEAUTY!!

Congratulations on finally getting her home!!

Just the 2 of you spending the Weekend together?

Comment

Brass all the way. It’s an accent against the blue. Damn that is stunning looking. What is the bridge pickup?

Comment

Love that so much! The H/S is a definite win. What pickups did you go with?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks errybody. I'm really very happy with it!

pickups are dimarzio paf pro in the bridge position and duncan classic stack in the neck position.

when I ordered this guitar I had not yet owned a paf pro, but had played other paf-styled pickups and knew i wanted one in this guitar. since ordering, I'd installed a paf pro in another bolt-on guitar and decided it wasn't quite right. In that other guitar, I ended up swapping for a dimarzio paf 36th anniversary which I've used since. so, leading up to delivery of the dinky, I was anticipating the possibility of having to swap the paf pro for something else, like a 36th. however, plugging it in right out of the box, I gotta say the pro really works well in this guitar. clarity is unmatched but it's still super punchy and warm. in the other guitar it seemed like it lacked midrange punch, but in this guitar it's very balanced. and after adjusting the pole pieces it's pretty much perfect. so the pro is staying.

the classic stack... I would have much preferred a dimarzio area 61 or something like that, but that wasn't an order option. the duncan sounds pretty good with distortion but I mostly use it for cleans with the volume knob rolled down (no clean channel) and it doesn't have the same sparkle as a true single coil. that said, it doesn't sound bad by any means, totally usable, and I have plenty of other guitars should I need that true strat tone, so I'll probably keep this in for the time being.

Comment

Very cool. I've mixed some Duncans with DiMarzios before with great results.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I forgot to put this on the post - I freakin LOVE the control layout on this dinky. thanks to scott r (RIP) at rainbow guitars for suggesting it.

here's my current stable of J/Cs

- 1988 strat, burgundy mist metallic
              - 2023 dinky, mercedes blue
              - 2008 usa production model so-cal, candy tangerine
              - 1987 strat, gunmetal metallic
              - 1997(?) jj bass, black

Comment

Nice Group Photo!!

Comment

Awesome collection and sweet deck & yard!

Comment

Working...
                  X