Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help to identify this Jackson USA

Hello,

we are a guitar store in Germany and mainly sell used instruments. We got this Jackson USA in the store and are not sure which model it is,
    It is similar to the Model 4, but I have not found a Model 4 with a Jackson headstock. Maybe someone can help us. I would be very happy.

Best regards, Felix

If you need more pictures, I will be happy to add more. ? ???????

Comment

If you want to add pictures you have to use a host like imgur for example. Also sounds like a strat model if it has the bigger strat style body.

Comment

Yep. Use a picture host like Imgur.com and show us some pictures.

Comment

Hello and thank you very much. I thought you could see the pictures I put in the post. Thanks for the tip with Imgur.com.
          Hope it works now.

https://imgur.com/a/uie1LPc

Comment

Yes its a strat. Made in the custom shop. I would say 89 possibly. I have mostly seen them with the JT-6 tremolo but this has the JT-590(schaller) also it has a cavity for the tremolo which i think would make it a later model. They had some wacky graphics on most of these. Very nice guitar.

Comment

yep, strat model. all usa jacksons were custom shop back then. customer's choice of pickup layout, pickups, bridge, fingerboard (rosewood or ebony; yours looks like ebony), inlays (MOP dots or sharks), controls. that switch layout should be single toggle per pickup. be interested to know if the knobs are V/T/T like a strat, or something else. the body wood is most likely poplar or alder but it could be something else if a customer ordered it like that. the pickups look stock. they should have the model numbers printed on their backs. the HSC in the pictures is not original. that guitar would have come with a rectangular HSC with a jackson badge on it.

the neck pocket of the body and the neck heel should have matching work numbers written on them as well as the date of the guitar. there may or may not also be useful information stamped into the trem cavity under the springs.

guitar looks to be in great condition. strats from this era aren't uncommon, but the fact of ebony fingerboard, MOP sharks, and the JT-590 plus the actual locking nut (as opposed to behind the nut lock a la kahler) are not the most common features on the strat models. the healthy maple figuring on the back of the neck is also nice.

Comment

Looks like a USA version of a Model 4 except for the recessed Schaller and Floyd lock nut. I'd damn near bet it has a JE-1200 with a J-50BC at the bridge and J-200 at the middle and neck. I'd guess '89 or maybe even '90 because of the Schaller. Damn sure looks like an ebony board to me too. Friggin' nice Jackson and looks pristine!!!

Comment

This 2007 Custom Shop soloist recently found me...

Comment

well...that didn't work! anyway, look up Jackson Soloist SL2 Treasure Map

Comment

Working...
                    X