Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing the RR-1 and SL2H? Help Desired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Comparing the RR-1 and SL2H? Help Desired...

Hey Guitarist, IMO it's apple & oranges here, & I would go with the RR1 again my opinion. They just feel great to me &
    I'm into the weird shapes, thats why I own 3 Warriors & 1 RR myself.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Both have the same spec's on the neck...
      I guess its a personal preference

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Maybe it's just me but I could swear my RR1's neck is thicker than my Soloists.

With that said I much prefer the RR. It just feels much more comfortable to me...especially when standing.

Comment

Soloist guy here. Call me strange but I don't like the RR shape I don't hate it but it doesn't do much for me. I Personally am moe of a KV guy although I just got rid of a King V [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A soloist lays better for me and is more comfortable IMO. To each his own.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've always been a strat-shape guy but a V has always intrigued me. I know the RR is kind of a pain when sitting but that's interesting that so many people mention how balanced it feels standing. I'll have to try one out standing up. That's one of the things i didn't care for about the SL2H, it was headstock-heavy when standing. I prefer a guitar to be more body-heavy so the neck tilts up toward you.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

One question to you guys who says "It's a pain to play sitting": when u allways practice sitting, How do you feel playing stand??? At Stage or jam session, for example.
            It's important to practice stand!
            For stand playing, the Rhoads is Unique

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

How are the frets on the RR-1 compared to the Soloist, I heard that they are tall and thin...

Comment

I own a used one, needed new frets, so I went dumlops 6000 (biggest ones). Feels great, almost scalloped feeling [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually the Soloist isn't neck-heavy, the front strap pin is in the wrong place. Move it under the front horn a little instead of right on the very front tip and it'll tilt upwards. I never understod why in the fukk they put the damn strap pin on the very end of the horn? Who wants to look like Buddy Fukkin Holly!?! Or Dwight Yoakum?

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      bump

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...but WHY exactly are you bumping a topic that was already on the first page and the previous reply was LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS before? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Plus, I've noticed AT LEAST half a dozen instances where you will do this, and probably MORE if you include the simple "bump" replies for second-page topics. Tekky knows what I am talking about, so I'm not entirely crazy.

You have three hundred posts at the time of this writing. I don't believe you're doing this to artificially increase your post count because there's no point to that.

Hope you don't mind me asking (again), but what's your motive? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I wasn't going to bring it up again but this one just sticks out like a sore thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, I usually do this when I feel like the topic is good or useful, and no, I'm not trying to increase my post count. I didn't think it offended some of you guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X