SAN DIMAS JACKSON #1255 ARRIVES SAFELY TO NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAN DIMAS JACKSON #1255 ARRIVES SAFELY TO NC

My recently acquired San Dimas Jackson #1255 has just arrived!!

Krista came in like, "honey, do you love me, how much??". I'm like, no way...it's here [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

So, I meander (OK, run dammit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) to her truck and see a HUGE Gretch case in her backseat.

I grab said case and promptly run into my house and commence tearing the box apart.

Inside the box, is a BIG (yes folks, I mean BIG) Flight Case. I drag the case out and sit it on my floor. I am all pins and needles as to what to expect, I have never seen/played a San Dimas ANYTHING in personl.

I open up the case, and this is what I found [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am completely estatic!!

I got the guitar form Tom Diamond. Unfortunately, in the past, we had a major, unfortunate blowup on the board, which both of us looking back on it, shouldn't have happened. We both said things which probably should have been left unsaid.

I am glad to say that Tom and I have mended our friendship, and Tom is a terrific guy and a standup person to deal with. His communication and honesty are greatly appreciated and noted.

Tom...thanks...I hope you are as happy with your guitar as I am of mine.

Thanks...sorry for the long post...

Now, I gotta plug her in for a few minutes before I have to go back to work [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: SAN DIMAS JACKSON #1255 ARRIVES SAFELY TO NC

Congrats! And and KUDOS for working out the differences between you guys too!

Comment

sweet! Congratulations Sam. Those old Jackson M/M necks feel great. How do you like the scalloped fretboard?
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

VERY NICE!
        I love Maple board on that one.
        Is the single coil later added?

Tom is a SUPER COOL guy, I have done deals couple of times and all went smooth and Sam is super cool and funny too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats to you guys!!

Comment

Did your Min Pin O' Death help you tear apart the box this time too? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Congrats! That scalloped maple board looks like heaven to play. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And glad you two worked everything out! Definitely a JCF Brotherhood here if I ever saw it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Tom's definitely great to deal with! Nice SD!

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

lpc...I HATE YOU [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...not really...congrats on a major score tho...great graphic, perfect pickup layout, and scalloped...that one needs to be your main player...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Kick ass Sam! Mmmm...scallops...mmmm...
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very cool bro!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks for the comments.

I only had like 10 minutes to check it out and play it before I had to go back to work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The neck is awesome...for lack of a better phrase, it feels like an old, worn in shoe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The scallops are actually kinda cool....its like you don't even feel the fingerboard. I did a quick action adjustment on it, and the action is stupid low (less than 1mm) and it feels really nice.

I don't know what kind of pup is in it yet, but it is very ballsy at first listen.

I don't know if the single is original or not, but I think it is. It is set up just like the old ESP's George Lynch had in Dokken as far as the volume/mini switch and Hum/Single.

The only thing I want to change is the nut. It needs a 1 11/16" nut vice the 1 3/4" that is on there now. </font>

Comment

Sam, the reason I said the single coil being non original is because I thought the placement of switch was bit too closer to the Volume knob and MAYBE the single coil is little closer to the center.
                      I could be wrong though.
                      Very cool graphic!

Anyway, now let us to listen to your Malmsteen licks.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool. Looks great! Good luck with it.

Is the entire FB scalloped?

Comment

lpc,
                          nice guitar [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          play the hell out of it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">The neck is scalloped from the 10th fret on up.

I have a 4-day weekend coming up, so I'm hoping to really get a chance to check it out and see what it can do.

I have a 4-track coming in also, so I'd like to hear how it does recording.

It has a very cool feel to it, as far as fretting the notes and bending. It is a lot like my Les Paul Custom, moreso than my Shannon for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I think we'll get along just fine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              <font color="yellow"> It has a very cool feel to it, as far as fretting the notes and bending. It is a lot like my Les Paul Custom

[/ QUOTE ]

A Strat that frets and bends like a Les Paul [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img].. That's new especially when one is fixed bridge and the other has a floating bridge [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]...

Fong [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X