SAN DIMAS JACKSON #1255 ARRIVES SAFELY TO NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAN DIMAS JACKSON #1255 ARRIVES SAFELY TO NC

Sweeeet! Nice looking guitar there. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely a pleasure dealing with Sam. But i do miss that Bengal....in return, I got a killer pearly white '88 reverse head Soloist...y'all know how I am about reverse head Soloists, he he. And this one has the identical finish to the San Dimas Soloist I got from Brett. Sam's reverse head has an OFR and Brett's has a Kahler but both have black hardware so they'll look killer side by side. Thanks Sam!

Comment

OK so let's see some pics!
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is beautiful, and the maple board is AWESOME also!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">**UPDATE**

I decided to clean up the guitar today, and was curious as to what was written inside the route cavities and on the back of the neck.

The date inside the neck route was 3-28-86. On the neck heel, it had the #7002 (I'm assuming it was the work order # [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]) and also "FR". I don't know if they were somebody's initials or it meant that the neck was to get the Floyd Rose route....anybody?? Inside the pickup route, the same # was present (#7002).

The humbucker is a Jackson J-50B (can't remember if those are/were "covered" pickups or not [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]). The single didn't have any distinguishing marks on it, no manufacturer, model, or anything.

The Floyd has "Made in Germany" stamped on the back of it which is the only writing I could find outside of "Floyd Rose" on the face of the trem plate.

It cleaned up really well. With my trusty toothbrush, lighter fluid, and polish (not to mention elbow greese and #0000 stell wool), I attacked the poor thing relentlessly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I got all the fur and gunk out of the Floyd (poor thing was FILTHY! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]). The tuners also had years of gunk/dust built up also, and needed to have the heads tightened up a bit also [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm really happy how it cleaned up. You wouldn't believe the difference a good cleaning will do for an axe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If anybody can add anything, please do so [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img].

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

hey man where in NC are you at. i'm in raleigh.

Beautiful axe!!!!!!
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks Dreamland...

We're in Havelock/New Bern....about 2 hours away from Raleigh

I put a Duncan Custom in it the other day...awesome [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

How'd I miss this? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Nice guitar Sam! Good luck with it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

dude, you know tim rowe form guitars etc?
                    he used to be in our band. and our guitarist chris is from new bern.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

<font color="yellow">Yeah, I know Tim really well actually. I was just at Guitar's Etcetera a few minutes ago. He still hasn't seen the San Dimas [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

i'm sure he'll love it!
                        Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Love that maple/maple neck w/scallops. Thanks for the backstory. I love reading, and living vicariously through, accounts of those kinds of happy events.

Comment

Nice score, I like the scalloping on the higher frets not the whole fretboard, 10th fret up is perfect. I just picked up a 88 SD Strat w/Snakeskin from kmanick - it rocks!
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              88 SD Strat w/Snakeskin from kmanick - it rocks!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow"> [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

This thread is about your new SD Jackson Strat, right? I was throwing my 2 cents in about my new SD Strat.
                                [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                                X