Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about my SLATQM (WARNING pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about my SLATQM (WARNING pic heavy)

Sweet guitar!

Comment

Oil it up. It'll either darken and look more like ebony, or the figure will pop out and it could possibly turn out to be pao ferro, which looks more like rosewood in color and figure but feels closer to ebony.

Comment

beautiful guitar. I say you need to give the fretboard a dose of the ol' lemon oil and it'll restore its dark beauty [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        btw, is that an abalone jackson logo on the headstock? looks more colorful than regular MOP...
        anyway, congrats on the new score! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I will give it a little lemon oil when I change the string, but to tell you the truth, it looks really cool. I'm convinced it's ebony by the coloring. If you'e ever seen natural ebony, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Rune, it is abalone as well as the piranha inlays.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Ebony can go darker than this. MUCH darker. My new Taylor has an ebony board and ebony bridge, and they're dark as hell. Taylor does not dye their ebony boards to make them darker. They're just VERY picky about the wood they choose to become guitars.

Actually, I kind of do like the way that lighter ebony on your SLATQM looks, although it still does look like it's in dire need of a drink - lemon oil.

Or maybe it IS an oddball and it does have pao ferro... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My brother's new bass is coming soon so I'll be able to see what pao ferro truly looks like from up close. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats true. I've seen midnight black ebony that hasn't been dyed. I think the pics in the sunlight make it look dryer than it really is. It still could use a little oil.

Comment

i never liked the pirahna inlays until i got a closer look on the pictures you cats have posted. real classy. these guitars are the ultimate prs killers. beautiful.

Comment

OK Jim....We need to talk. This scooping up Jacksons right & left has got to stop. I cant keep up [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] J/K ...Nice one. But, is that an abalone Jackson logo??
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Believe me, after the Limited SL2T Chlorine and the custom shop I have on order, I'll be done for a long time!

And yes, it's abalone.

Comment

Sweet guitar!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] According to the 2001 catalog, the SLATM has an ebony board and Duncan M3 minibuckers.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toe! I figured the must have been Duncans, but the no logoed covers threw me.

Comment

I am still droooooling over these pics.
                          Amazing looking guitar!
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Is that a Tung Oiled neck? I love natural mahogany!! Jack.

Comment

I've seen a Black ESP MX 250 with natural Ebony just as black as the body, stunning effect.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I really like that ..the blue colour is so sexy ...

Wolf

Comment

Working...
                                X