Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question San Dimas RR-1

Hello
    I come from Holland and someone is selling his San Dimas RR-1 '86. I'm a little suspicious because (old) usa Jackson’s are quite rare here.
    Could you guys tell me if it a fake RR-1 or a genuine one? He's asking between the €1000 & €1250($1262/$1577)for it.

Description

Pictures

Thanks in advance
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Translated Description Worldlingo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]:

Offered my 100% original USA San Dimas Jackson Randy Rhoads. As an one of the lasts of the serial in 1986, (serial number19xx)handbuild in San Dimas, the origin of Jackson. Real San Dimas Jacksons are rare and that makes these rhoadsparticular. The neck has that typical smooth round San Dimas ring profile andis very slightly playable. And natural weet ie a monster sound to produce. Has some light use scratchs, but this makes it a vintage guitar with character!

Characterisations:
    - ebony
    - MOP sharkfin inlays
    - Standard blank san dimas Jackson made in USA logo on headstock
    - White abalone neck and headstockbinding
    - Natural korina body
    - OFR (original Floyd Rose, including arm)
    - Non-recessed floyd(!!!)
    - Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker in the bridge position (!)
    - Seymour Duncan humbucker in the neck
    - Locking nut
    - Leather strap including
    - Including old style original hardshell case with metal Jackson logo on it

My price is 1.250,- or mail me with your best offer, minimum above?1.000,-. Better photograph wants you (I had these rather treat, they were too large), mail me then especially!

Thanks for looking at

Re: Question San Dimas RR-1

Hey. The serial number should be "RR19xx". If it does not say "RR" then something is wrong. Also, it looks to me from the pics that someone stripped the original finish off of that guitar. Other than that, it looks OK to me (but those pics are crap).
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have yet to see a San Dimas model with a Scarf joint like that one, but I guess it may be possible. I would say it is an early Ontario.

Comment

That´s what I was thinking as well, the scarf joint makes me want to see the headstock logo (and a few other details)better [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

When did Jackson start using logoed tuners? The San Dimas guitars I've had didn't have them.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The last SG 36's had logos. I would say the very last San Dimas guitars used them and the very first few months of Ontarios used them before switching to the current SG 38 model.

Comment

I don't think its a San Dimas, due to the fact that the tabs on the tuners appear to be the angled kind, not the straight kind, but that could be the photo.

Comment

Thanks for all the reactions guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img], the dude will send me soms pictures today.

Comment

that low positiioned scarf joint was used during the dimas era,.... my old kahlered charvel explorer 5215 [late '85] carries this same joint....I talked to tim and mike at jackson about this a number of years ago and they said it was an experimantal neck joint that didnt stick around too long, .. they couldnt give me the serial range on how long it was used on the charvels.... I did have charvel 5464 and it had the normal joint......the logo looks to be the later one from what i can see...... jim is very correct the logoed sg36 [dimas angled mounting tab tuners did not last long] I have them on my '86 checkered tele.....that tuner is a very mid-late '86 production quirk and tell tale of the production year when you see them........the rhoads pictured here has the later/ontario mounting angle which I personally have never seen on a dimas guitar , but they likely exist....the logo appears to be later as well...............food for thought my RR1735 pink s/t custom has the dimas era non logoed gotohs ...[RR1755 being the last '85 model produced].. my RR2235 ferrari red s/t custom has the ontario angle logoed tuners...so somewhere in between those serial numbers, you not only see the logoed dimas angle tuners , but also the changeover to the mounting tab used today..... john

Comment

I forgot to add, I think this guitar, if indeed in the $1000-1500 u.s., is very pricey for one that appears to have had the finish stripped off of it..especially if an ontario piece.......I just sold a stripped finish # RR1500 for $300 ... it was a kahlered one ,, I am not going to speculate what this particular one worth overseas, because "its only worth what youre willing to pay for it" .......one thing to keep in mind is after '86 just about all rhoads have a floyd so theyre not uncommon, and at least on this side of the big pond are fairly cheap for clean originally examples........ best, john

Comment

John, they switched to scarf joints on neck throughs at some point early in the Ontario era and still use them to this day. Perhaps the shortlived construction was the one piece? All bolt ons I have seen had the scarf joint, but neckthroughs play by different rules and are not seen until Ontario, but again, maybe they did make some as an experiment or something.

Comment

He said in a email reaction:"The serial number is 19xx (for now I keep the xx for myself, you as Jackson fan know that they can put the serial under a collectible fake advertisement). The guitar is a late San Dimas. He went to the USA retail market then sold to a buyer in Germany and I bought the guitar from him.

This is vintage guitar, almost 20 years old. He has some use tracks, those give him a character . For me gives it the guitar a greater value. But that does not have apply to you of course, therefore you must know. He is on all sides in excellent state, but has therefore what chips (on the head and in the long point a little one). The neck is super smooth and the fret board also. The body is pleasantly firm and sees complete beautiful natural.”

Head

Comment

It isn't a San Dimas and you can do much better than that one for the price. If you really want it, then go for it. But it isn't a San Dimas era and it will be hard to resell with that home done natural refinish. It will cost another $400-500 just to make it right.

Comment

I agree with Jim 100 %. That's WAY overpriced, especially stripped.

Comment

Agreed,that's way too much $$ imo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X