USA Professional?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Professional?????

right, i thought all professionals were made in Japan but apparantly herman from Dragonforce has a USA professional San Dimas 1985 Dinky....
    It has "professional" on the headstock.

Can someone explain this to me?

Re: USA Professional?????

http://gallery.dragonforce.com/gear/...ackson_pro_usa

Link

Comment

He either has a Professional or he has a USA, it´s pretty much as simple as that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And theres no way in hell that anything "professional" is pre 1990, just doesn´t work that way. The Imports before that bore the Charvel name [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

*edit after Pic was posted*
      That´s also not a dinky but a Soloist, at least it looks neck-thru. My Guess is a Soloist Archtop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm like 99% sure it's a bolt on... i've been 35cm from it.

And he won't believe me it's not a USA. That's why i'm triple checking everything before i go make an ass of myself, hahahahahaha

Comment

It's a Post 1990 Japanese made Soloist Archtop. Basically, a Charvel 750 XL

Comment

It's Set Neck Construction

Comment

It says Professional on the headstock too...

so is there no way this is a USA?

Comment

No way.

Comment

Hahahahaha, I told him this when was drinking with him last month and he refused to believe me.

Hahahaha, i'm not trying to prove him wrong, this was more to satisfy my own curiosity.

If you wanna hear some real playing, download some DRagonforce (they have a full song MP3 on their site)
                  http://www.dragonforce.com/sound_mp3.html

UK powermetal, catchy as hell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    It's Set Neck Construction

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yep, my bad. I just have a hard time remembering that Jackson did a few set necks as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They are set neck , with a maple neck , mahogany body with a flame maple cap.They have all the same appointments as a USA Jackson , ebony board , MOP inlays , MOP logo. the one I have is just as nice as my SL1.If it did not say Professional on the headstock you would never know it was a Japanese built guitar.

Mike
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        They are set neck , with a maple neck , mahogany body with a flame maple cap.They have all the same appointments as a USA Jackson , ebony board , MOP inlays , MOP logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it is a shortscale not 25 1/2, exactly like mine. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They're correct...set neck...Jackson Japanese model Archtop....made in the Early 90's. Tell him to look at the serial again...it should be something like "JXXXXX" Where XXXXX would be the year of production and sequence number....if my memory serves me correctly....
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                          X