Jackson Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion?

what the difference between a Dinky and a Fusion?
    why dont they make fusions anymore?
    Guitars:
    Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
    Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
    Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
    BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
    ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Re: Jackson Fusion?

basically, Fusion = 24 3/4" scale, Dinky = 25 1/2"
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'v wondered why they don't make Fusions myself. I have a nice 90 USA with lightning graphic and it was always my main guitar till I weaned myself to full scale guitars again. Now, I play it less and less. If I'd have had a couple of them, I might have just kept using them more or less exclusively I think.

Being a shorter scale, I feel that they are a little touchy on tuning and intonation setup though. But, it's really a fast feeling guitar.

I am a little put off on whatever wood it's made of, I have heard it is basswood. Seems a little lacking on the low end, like muddy and not tight. Not sure as I really like the sound of my Charvel 475, and I'm told it is basswood as well! They both sound different! Sigh...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        They both sound different! Sigh...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Yep, wood is kind of funny that way. It all depends on the location, growth rate of the tree(tightness of the grain) etc. etc. Two bodies made of the same exact species of wood can definitely sound different. Who woulda thunk it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yes, and they are quite noticably different. I use EMG 81s in both (fairly flat pickups) and have to tailor EQ settings quite a bit differently when using each one.

Comment

Man, I love the Fusions, except the really thin necks on them. I wish they would re-issue them with a slightly thicker rounded neck profile and a mahogany body [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I used to love my Fusions also....matter of fact, I'm in the middle of doing a deal for another one right now.

I had one that was my main guitar from '91 to '93

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I used to love my Fusions also....matter of fact, I'm in the middle of doing a deal for another one right now.

I had one that was my main guitar from '91 to '93

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have a Charvel Fusion which I Sold (I still miss that guitar, sometimes I wanna shoot myself for that), but with a bit of luck I´ll have a beautiful EerieDess USA Fusion here soon [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My 2 were Jacksons...but the Charvels IIRC were just as nice.

Eerie Dess...sweet! My first one (the main axe I spoke of, was the Eerie Dess "Tie Dye", as Jackson called it)

Comment

I love my '91 Bikini Fusion. The only thing I'm iffy about is the electronics - sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I bought a full set of Duncans to put it in, then I thought I liked the active boost again - point is, sometimes I pick it up and its awesome, other times, I want to gut it. Its the first guitar I've had that's made me feel that way.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, after a while, I lost all interest in those electronics. I went to EMGs and the PA-2 preamp, and seem ok with that stuff. Still looking maybe, but, I've used the EMGs for years.

Comment

Working...
                      X