Used Archtop @ GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Archtop @ GC

Sorry guys, I've been through the gallery, but haven't seen any like what I saw today.

Sorry that I can't give more details, but here is what I remember.

Bolt on trans red archtop double hum (with nickel or chrome covers) with no locking nut and a bridge like I've never seen before (it wasn't string through, it was closer to a chunky Fender trem): tagged at $895. Headstock wasn't a pointy, it was three on a side. Fins, I think.

Please don't laugh at me (to my face) but what the heck was it? Is that enough info?

Thanks,
    Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Used Archtop @ GC

AT-1 maybe? Did it have an ebony board without any inlays?
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I'm pretty sure it had sharfins on either ebony or rosewood. Not maple, whatever the board was. It was up high, and I didn't take it down and fondle it. Wishing now I had. Would have, if it was string through or floyded, but I've never seen a trem like that... and the lack of a locking nut bugged me.

Keith

Comment

3 on a side and a Wilkinson trem ? It's gotta be an AT. Did any have any type of inlays ?

Comment

That's what the trem was, a Wilkinson. I would have sworn that it had sharkfin inlays, but if they never made such a thing, then maybe I just don't remember right...

K

EDIT: OK, that is what it was, I finally found one in the gallery. It was just like this, but red.

But I would have bet that it had fins. Oh well. For $900, I'm glad I didn't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X