What Is My '87 Jackson Strat Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is My '87 Jackson Strat Worth?

I'm going to insure my guitars, but I'm not sure what my Jackson is worth. It's an '87 Strat HSH pickup set up, and locking tremelo. The body is white, and the fretboard is ebony. The fretboard does not have any position markers on it. It does have markers on the side of the neck. I would consider the guitar to be in 9/10 condition. It also has the original case, and it also is in great shape. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Sprinter

Re: What Is My \'87 Jackson Strat Worth?

Here we go again.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here we go again what? I don't understand if you're assuming he's trying to flip it on the JCF as a Junior Member. Quite the contrary. He wants to insure his guitars.

The guitar sounds awesome by the way. I'd be curious as to ask for a picture of it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Here we go again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with the "Here we go again"? I'm asking an honest question.

Sprinter

Comment

Didn't a late 80s black Jackson Strat with maple board just go on the 'bay for like 3 bills?
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Didn't a late 80s black Jackson Strat with maple board just go on the 'bay for like 3 bills?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I was really tempted by that one. I think the fact that it was a S/S/S config kinda kept the price down. That and the pictures weren't very good.

I would say your guitar is in the $600 - $750 range for insurance purposes. I would probably go a little higher because it really is irreplaceable and getting one just like it from the custom shop would be quite a chunk of change.

Actual mileage may vary [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, pics!
              I would say from seeing many late 80's on E-bay, it will be around $500-600.
              Not sure if the middle single coil was added or not.
              So it would be hard to think that is an orignal spec.

Comment

Sounds like an interesting guitar. With the majority of the late 80s Jackson Strats, 500-700 should be sufficient. But, you may have assess it by replacement value. That'd take the price up considerably. I have an '87 Jackson Strat that I have insured for 1400 but it's a unique guitar that I probably would have a hard time getting it replaced.

Comment

Thank you, to everyone for your help.

Sprinter

Comment

You may need to get an official appraisal for your insurance company. If you are just estimating that is ok, but they may require something more authentic than "Well, the guys at JCF said..." It depends on the company, the coverage, etc...

Comment

If you are serious about that specific guitar, I say go for replacement cost. Getting that exact guitar used will be extremely difficult and a new one is going to cost an arm and a leg. An insurance company is going to have a very hard time finding a comparable guitar. We're not talking about a butterscotch Tele with a black pickguard.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

IF you're going to insure it, insure it for replacement cost, not market value, like Tim said.

I would say insure it for at least $1500... on ebay, it's probably worth $500-$600.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I sure do want to see some pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X