Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA Fusion

Hi Guys,
    I need some information on the USA Fusion guitar. I know some basic specs on em (ebony boards, bolt on, original floyd, curved in heel(?)), but what are the pickups and active electronics inside? I have about $1300 to spend on a guitar and I would go without an amp, but I've seen these guitar run for only a couple of hundred dollars. I was deciding between a USA Fusion or the ESP M-II Urban Camo (don't like the finish too much, but spec wise it was what I was looking for), but I'm leaning more towards the Fusion. I've played one before and love the feel of the neck, which is more important than anything to me, next to tone of course. Figure if I go with the Fusion I have enough $ leftover to buy a new amp (I have a Spider II which is ok, but overall it's gotta go). So can anyone tell me a little about the guitar and if you have any pics that would be cool too. Thanks a lot.

- Irfaan -

Re: Jackson USA Fusion

Forgot to add, I'm basically looking for a guitar with 24 frets, ebony board, original floyd rose and something along the lines of a pickup configuration of an SL1. Any other recommendations are welcome. I've tried the SL1, but I'm not a fan of the oiled neck and the neck dosen't feel quite as comfortable to me

Comment

The USA Fusion doesn't have an original Floyd, they used the equally nice Schaller JT-590. And the SL-1 doesn't have an oiled neck, but the Fusions do. The main idea of the Fusion was to create a bolt on guitar with a Gibson scale length of 24 3/4 inches. So you get that "bright percussive attack of the Les Paul with the added benefits of a bolt on neck." They used the Jackson active electronics system called the JE-1500. It was an envelope filter that double as a mid booster. There's a mini toggle to go from mid range boost to the wah effect of the filter. Jackson J-200 single coils and a J-50 bridge humbucker. Great guitars, I'd take one any day over the ESP line. Check the Gallery under Jackson bolt ons and you'll find a bunch of cool Fusions.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Good to see you back, Joe..... BTW, sell me your "Crossed Legs with Stockings" guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank ya dude. Well, now that I have all the info, guess my next course of action is to find one. Thanks again.

- Irfaan -

Comment

Irfaan - PM me if you're interested in this one (the electronics are different than what's pictured).
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

check ebay there is a snakeskin fusion with a bin of $800.00 that looks mint. was just relisted this morning with that price
              here's the link to it
              Snakeskin fusion
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I love the Jackson Fusions, my favorite Jackson, but had to sell ine do to the darned thin ass neck profile. I would like to see them re-issue them with a little thicker neck, kinda like the ones on our DK2LE`s. Jack.

Comment

Hey Manik, I saw that one, thanks. Wanted to check here to see if that was a good price on it or not. It's wierd, but I love the neck on my Gibson and the Wolfgangs, which are thicker than most, but I feel just as comfortable with Ibanez necks, which are the exact opposite. Tried the SL1, but it didn't feel quite as nice as the fusion. Thanks for all the info fellas

Comment

I don't know if that is a good price for that or not. anyone here know what these usually go for?
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I've seen em for an average of $550, so I assume his opening bid would be somewhat fair. But hell, I came here for advice so what do I know...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've seen em for an average of $550...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about right.

Here's mine:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...23997206PhHAjd

Comment

Generally $550-650 but he might get a bit more with a graphic.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Brad said: [ QUOTE ]
                            Good to see you back, Joe..... BTW, sell me your "Crossed Legs with Stockings" guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, Brad, that is a tasty guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

This isn't a fusion, but it's pretending to be one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X