New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

First just picked up a Rhoads LTD, what a sweet guitar. I had a PCS and the Polka Dot V, also original owner of 84-85 student model. I think it was Serial # 212. If anybody has a student model that was string thru then changed over to a floyd rose but kept the V shaped string guide on it I want it back!! The LTD really puts these to shame.

Stopped at the guitar store for strings and started talking about the LTD.
    They told me they ordered 7 Rhoads LTD style guitars, done the way Zakk had his(used his order form), they would be in 4-6 months. About 2800-3k for the price. I have a copy of the order form.

Poplar body, Jackson Logo in white,1st fret inlay larger than normal or inverted. These seem to be the differences from the LTD. It will be interesting to see if they get these guitars.

Re: New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

Which store are you talking about?

Comment

all of the inlays are larger; they're the size of the sharkeye inlays, but filled with blocks. had a feeling this was gonna happen. i bet we'll see many of them in 2005.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

look at the pic he posted....the 1st fret inlay is quite larger than the rest,

Comment

heh. missed that. it's actually turned to the side.

zakk's inlays are oversized.

sully
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

what is this pic of? Is it actually Zakk's guitar or has Jackson already made more exactly like Zakk's?

Comment

not sure, really..... it's not zakk's b/c his has logoed duncans and stainless steel saddles. i can't see the logo, but i think it's one of the original vtrem LTDs.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I never realized the original LTD run had the 1st inlay inverted like that.

Comment

it's funny, i never really noticed it either until a little while ago, but yeah, they've all got the first fret inlay sideways.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The picture is of my LTD, sorry.

Comment

If Jackson does, in fact, start producting these again (I bet that they will) it goes against what they said when they made the first run of LTD's. Hence them being called 'Limited's'!! Jackson supposedly was only going to make so many of them, and would NOT make reproductions of them out of the Custom Shop, unless you are Zakk Wylde, apparently, what a joke. On a side note, I did hear, from an extremely reliable source that Zakk just bought one of the GMW polka dot Rhoads guitars as well. I am not sure what to think of that. On one hand, it is a cool tribute to Randy, having Zakk play those guitars, on the other hand, it is a little bit on the weird side, since he now has Randy's old job...

Comment

Comment

It would be lame to do another run of LTDs. I guess Jackson could do another run and change the saddles to crome then it isn't exactly an LTD... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can see it now, Zack is going to get photo crazy with all of the Randy copies then in GC we will hear "Look! that Randy Rhoads guy is copying Zacks guitar!" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            If Jackson does, in fact, start producting these again (I bet that they will) it goes against what they said when they made the first run of LTD's. Hence them being called 'Limited's'!! Jackson supposedly was only going to make so many of them, and would NOT make reproductions of them out of the Custom Shop, unless you are Zakk Wylde, apparently, what a joke. On a side note, I did hear, from an extremely reliable source that Zakk just bought one of the GMW polka dot Rhoads guitars as well. I am not sure what to think of that. On one hand, it is a cool tribute to Randy, having Zakk play those guitars, on the other hand, it is a little bit on the weird side, since he now has Randy's old job...

[/ QUOTE ]

well you have to keep in mind that there's different people steerin the boat now. i wouldn't be at all surprised if it becomes a production model. i'm sure it will have a few differences to distinguish it from a real LTD, but i wouldn't rule it out at all.

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'd love to see it happen. I'd like to get my hands on one. I can see where collectors may not like the idea too much.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X