Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

Yea it will be great.
    I don't have $4000 to buy one but maybe the half or little over the half, why not!

Comment

I see no problem with meeting market demands. There were so many Custom Shop Warriors ordered that they decided to bring it back as a production model, so where's the problem if there's enough market demand for LTDs and Double Rhoads'? I think they oughta change the RR1T to the PCS-style (smaller inlays, brass hardware, etc), and leave the RR1 like it is now.
      Production LTDs and such will not affect the collector market because those are proven to be from the original run, which many collectors are already specifically looking for the first-runs over the second run models. If anything, it'd drive the price of the second-run models up, which in turn raises the price of the first-run models.

Besides, the designs belong to Jackson, not the fans. If Jackson wants to make money on production models of the old designs, let 'em have at it.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm all for Jackson creating something that's somewhat different than the original LTD runs, be it smaller or larger inlays, a white logo, or whatever. And it's pretty cool that Zakk has bought a couple replicas of Randy's guitars. Just seems like a hell of a tribute and a massive show of respect.

Comment

I eyeballed that LTD on ebay the other day awful hard, so I would like to see them do this too. I would like to have one of those, since I'm such a signature gear ho anyways! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

I know a guy on another forum that just bought a GMW Polka Dot Rhoads. He said his and Zakk's have consecutive serial numbers. So looks like Zakk now plays Gibson, Jackson, and GMW.

Comment

I think it would truly SUCK if FMIC/Fender went against everything holy in the Jackson family and produced more LTD Rhoads guitars......... just another reason to NEVER BUY A FMIC Jackson. Fender is truly running Jackson into the ground, raising prices and pimping anything sacred(including their own headstock) out for a buck.

........ and by the way, my Floyd'ed LTD has the larger 1st fret inlay too, guess they all do.

Comment

Wait a minute. Everyone bitches and moans that we can't get Stratheads and then Fender makes it happen. Now that's going to be held against them?

Everyone bitches that there are no artists playing Jacksons and then we get one of the most visible guitarists in rock posing in a leading guitar magazine with a killer Rhoads and playing it on the Ozzfest tour. So Jackson should just ignore that opportunity to sell guitars? Guys that see that don't want to buy a freakin' Warrior or Kelly - they want something like Zakk's guitar.

They're trying to sell guitars right? As near as I can tell, USA Jacksons aren't selling worth a darn. When I was still living in Seattle there was only ONE new Jackson for sale in ANY store in the area over the last 2 or 3 years. I have yet to see one in a store in the Raleigh area. I haven't seen a new Charvel of any kind for sale in any store anywhere for so long I can't remember. Finding a kickass Gibson, Fender, ESP, or Ibanez is a piece of cake. That says something to me.

This whole LTD thing is only sacred to a few collectors that have driven the price up.

Since Fender has come along we've got the EVHs, 25th anniv, resurrection of the Charvel line, and maybe something close to an LTD that a LOT of us would like to have.

I'd like the prices to stay down too - do you really think that's going to ruin the company? I'd rather see them drop **** like MAP which only serves to help Musician's Friend and Guitar Center.

So what else is sacred anyhow? And why?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, don't trip on Greg... he's always unhappy about something. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm just trying to understand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

its sweet to see zakk with a floyd'ed guitar. man id love to get one of those new ltd style guitars!

Comment

I agree with Tim. Fender has done nothing but improve C/J. I guess the perspective is different. I guess if you own some guitars and you want to make sure you are the only one that has it then FMIC sucks. USA Charvels, Strat heads, Old School graphics ect. But as a player that buys jacksons and Charvels because I couldn't afford them when I was younger. I am overjoyed with what FMIC is doing. If they have a Floyded Charvel Strathead this year, I am in trouble with the woman. I guess for some it would be great if C/J just went out of business so those of use that have them would have guitars that are worth 3x the amount. Fuckit I hope they are dirt cheap and everyone is buying and playing them, that's what they are meant for making music. Its a great hobby collecting gear, but I would much rather hear them than look at them. I have never gotten into the "we are an exclusive club thing" with anything I am into. Bikes, Music, ect.. I hate the you can't come to our clubhouse mentality.

Pretty cool seeing Zakk with some Randy clone guitar. Zakk is one of the few old school shredders that has notority and the respect of a lot of players around today.

Comment

Guess you guys don't know much about Jackson history and the how/why they built the approx. 200 LTD's in 1992. They were built to honor Randy Rhoads and commerate his death 10 years prior. Jackson promised NEVER to make any more LTD's in Randy's original configuaration and AMIC/Jackson stayed true to that promise. Yes, the LTD is sacred and Fender screwing with it is NOT COOL.

Comment

This isn't a production run, just a custom shop order for 7 guitars.

Comment

its the people who have the LTD's and the Strathead Charvels who paid a big price for them that have problems with re-issues and additional runs. Was there a **** storm by the original 200 when the 7 short wings were built?

I say give the people what they want today. Its not like an LTD today is going to be any better than one built on the original run just as a 59 re-issue isn't a 59 or worth as much as a real 59
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                This isn't a production run, just a custom shop order for 7 guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding this, I see no difference between a CS run vs. production.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X