New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rhoads LTD / Zakk Wylde Style.

BTW Newc, I agree with you. I don't think it should be made of Teak either [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I have no comment about the holy Jackson family, but I was wondering about the first fret inlay on Wylde's new LTD. I remember people commenting that the first fret inlay was huge, but now that we all noticed that the inlay is actually inverted on the original LTD's, is this still the case? Or is Zakk's actually a huge square inlay rather than being inverted like the original LTD's? I don;t have a photo handy to compare.

[/ QUOTE ]

zakk's inlays are the dimensions of sharkeye inlays, they're all a bit larger than standard blocks.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I hope Newc was referring to the difficulties experienced with the JCF-02 dealer, not the workmanship of the guitar. IMO, as the inventor of the "Halford Warrior" he is not qualified to call anything coming out of the Jackson Custom Shop "sloppy". [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          They said they could build a Custom Shop Double Rhoads the way we wanted it, and what did we get? Lots of sloppy work.
          Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

it's always funny how they are happy in private but willing to cause a **** storm in public ..lets face it, it's that mentality right there that killed the series .. Everyone of the customers were at the least satisfied with the final product including you. I find it pretty upsetting that now in a public atmosphere your level of satisfaction has changed .... not bad considering you personally wanted to champion JCF-03 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have done anything to get in on this series and almost did, but there simply was not enough slots that became available, It also saddens me that the JCF YCE is dead, but I can see why it is.

Newc, if you are unhappy with it and you want to dump your JCF 02, let me know. I'd be glad to take it off of your hands.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

it was to my understanding that the Zakk one was different than an LTD? What's the big deal.

(Flame suit on).
            If you REALLY want to commerate someone, you don't do it by making 200 4040404040400$$$$$ guitars, to appease a few people.

That said, It was AGAIN to my understanding, that Zakks was different than an LTD. If that's the case, what the hell does it matter to the LTD collectors?

Comment

it is different, and i don't think that anyone really cares too much.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Being that I just bought a LTD(4K), I still have no problem with them making more or a Custom Shop run(different specs or not)I would love to get another one as a everyday player and not be afraid to take it out of the case and beat on it.
                I'm sure Zakk's abusing his daily. 3K for a custom shop aint cheap.

Comment

I'm amazed at how many of you guys don't think a company should honor it's word. That's the point pure and simple. Screw the "collecors metality" line of bull$hit, that has nothing to do with it. Lie to your customers and you'll lose their respect and business. This same principal applies to dealers to as all you JCF02 guys have seen recently.

I must say, I am amazed at Newc's JCF02 comment. I'm as demanding as anyone and I think the JCF02's are a vast improvement over the JCF01's from the end of the AMIC era. They really are nice guitars.

Comment

II wasn't aware that companies gave a **** what collectors think...I thought they were all in business to sell new product and turn a profit.

Comment

i'm not sure the above statement was made, but again, greg mentioned the company's honest Word and morality in that. May not be a big deal to some people, but it does to others.

Comment

I seriously doubt that making these guitars or even EXACT copies of the LTDs will hurt Jackson's business. Christ, you can't even find USA Jacksons in stores as it is. Let's look at this realistically. If they made these guitars, they would be bought by people who can't find or afford the LTD, regardless of the handfull of people who will say, "I won't buy one, they promised not to make any more. They lied". It has happened before in business where companies say limited or discontinued only to make more. Why should Jackson not cash in on the recent surge in interest?
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re: JCF02's problems; I was referring to the production delays, as well as Greg's mismatched tuners, the smaller logo, and the other problems mentioned by a few others in the Buyer's Forum (trem-cavity holes, etc). While I AM happy with mine, and it IS a vast improvement over JCF01, I'm trying to figure out how a company cannot follow their own work order; We *almost* got the wrong wood? How in the hell is that even possible? 90-degree San Dimas-style-tabbed tuners are readily available but were not acquired?

But, as was said, it's a business - money in/product out is the bottom line.

Regarding "Honesty and Morality" - there is none in business OR Rock and Roll - kinda defeats the purpose of either one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

JimmyB - Since I don't have the "history" or 25 years of experience like Jackson does, it should be no surprise that the "Halford Warrior" came out sloppy. Since Jackson DOES have 25 years of experience, not a damn thing should leave the factory with a single problem.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

1st) Yes it sucks that Greg tuners didn't match and it's my belief that issue should be taken care of. This issue did not affect your guitar in the slightest.

2nd) Wood- They did NOT almost make a mistake by using the wrong wood and thats a distortion of the truth. They simply asked if they could use the alternate wood and when we said no they complied.

3) The only delay was because of the "paint" issue. They also notified us and took care of the problem when told it was unacceptable. They never once complained. Yes they made a mistake and they owned up to it... they could have just shipped them and 90% of the guys would have never noticed.

4) The hole in the trem cavity. I've seen posts by several trustworthy members that this is in fact common to see, were you not reading the same thread we were?

5) San Dimas 90 degree style tuners- We were well aware as you were that this probably would not happen. So to call this a mistake is exagerating the issue ..

6) The only true mistake we lived with was the 89% sized logo. Mike Shannon admitted to making this mistake himself. If this mistake affects the quality or playability of your guitar let me know and we'll see what we can do.

You contradicted yourself within your own posts. One post you say how sloppy the guitars are then in this post your happy with the quality of yours. Before you disparage the hard work of several people please think before you post as we were never aware you were unhappy ....
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Of course a company business ect should honor it's word. But one point you are missing is that company that gave its word no longer exists.It produces the same product, has the name, and some of the employees have managed to keep their job. That's were it ends. A company's #1 priority is to pay its suppliers, employees.

If I have a company that produces and I promise my brother in-law, customer who ever...that as long as I am in business I won't do something. How reasonable is it for me to try and sell my business expecting new management, stock holders, owners to run the business the way I did and keep every promise I ever made. Not at all.

Anyway enough reason, I don't know of anybody that will stay in business long by excluding markets. I am trying to be cordial cause this is really petty and just has the air of "I am a selfish bastard" and no one deserves but me. They are guitars its not like finding out the wife is still blowing the neighbor after she said she wouldn't anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                                www.kiddhavok.com
                                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                                X