USA Jacksons in north/central NJ and east PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jacksons in north/central NJ and east PA

I'm looking all around northern and central NJ and around Bucks County PA (would go to Philly if there's a place that good) for stores with USA Jacksons. I'm not seein much. Most have SLSMGs as the pinnacle of their Jackson line up. Dave Philips in Flemington didn't have any USAs, and the GC (I know, I know) in Langhorne (PA) only had a used SL1, and Hunterdon Music had no Jacksons, or anything else worth mentioning. I'd really like to find a place that has the crazy shapes, cuz they look so cool. I did try a cheap import Rhoads at the GC, and I couldn't get used to the balance, and yes I was playing it standing up. I heard you can put strap buttons in different places for a better balance, but I couldn't buy one with only a possibility of getting it balanced how I like it. I'll end my rambling there and just ask if you could steer me toward some good stores, that would be great. Thanks.

Re: USA Jacksons in north/central NJ and east PA

The "major" stores are not carrying the USA's or many of the imports for that matter for some reason. This is all over the country. I would suggest deciding on a model you like and contacting one of the dealers on the Forum. Most if not all, allow a "grace" period for your approval of the guitar. If you don't like it, simply return the guitar for an exchange or refund. I have bought most of my guitars in the last 4 years sight-unseen by researching and asking questions, exactly what you have done here. Every guitar I purchased sight-unseen I really liked what I got. I'm familar with the area your in. You may have to make a trek to NY to see anything "locally". I bought my Martin D-1235 at Hunterdon Music, when it was Nolde's Music Box, back in 1971. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info. Any stores in NYC I should check out?

Comment

FS...

You're going to find a hard time finding a store in the surrounding area that will carry USA Jacksons. The best you can hope for is to find one used somewhere. Look on the net, or like Bengal said...contact one of our dealer/members here at the JCF....they are always willing to hook you up. It's not like the old days, when shops would carry scores of custom shop guitars like they used to.

Comment

Check Guitar Asylum and The Music Zoo. They have them in store. Check there web sites.

Comment

Guitar Aslum does tend to have a very nice selection (stay away - very bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Also try calling GC Paramus once in a while - they do get in Jacksons every now and agian and the prices are not half bad as I recall (I now live in Boston - but grew up down in Northern NJ and still hit the local haunts when I go back to see people).
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i saw a usa jackson sl2, gun metal grey, 2 hums, floyd style trem, no inlays on fretboard in the totowa gc. it is used and they are asking $600.

Comment

How was the condition? That's a pretty big trek for me.

Comment

it's in good condition, 5/10 maybe 5.5 out of 10.
                  it's got potential when cleaned up, but i remember the trem had rust on it, it's missing a screw on the locking nut, some small dings on the body, nothing major and missing the back trem plate.
                  this is from what i remembered and your opinion might be different from mine [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, ok, sounds like a typical GC used guitar, then. Not worth the drive up there. Thanks for saving me a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

The GC in East Brunswick, NJ gets some cool USAs and Custom Shops every once in awhile, but their prices are usually a joke!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X