Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Jackson have several sizes of pup rings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Jackson have several sizes of pup rings??

<font color="yellow">Does anybody know why Jackson has a couple of different sized pickup rings [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The rings on my San Dimas Strat are a lot smaller than my 87 USA Dinky Custom.

Was this done to prevent misrepresentation between the San Dimas guitars and the Ontario's or [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I'm sure somebody here will know the answer to that.

Thanks. </font>

Re: Why does Jackson have several sizes of pup rings??

Looks like they made them larger to accomodate the covers used on some pickups and they likely wanted one universal ring.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Good reasoning Jim....since Jackson used the covered pups which were larger and needed larger rings. </font>

Comment

They did it just to piss you off Sam!!LOL!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">And to add to the confusion (I know it well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) the later USA rings are a bit longer also...... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            They did it just to piss you off Sam!!LOL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ya know what Chuck, you Sir are quite possibly right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bastages..every last one of em'...

Alight...where's the damn donkey....this is War I tell you, WAR!!!!!

Tommy of Locksley, your services are required here [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Working...
            X